Apple NEEEEEDs to release..!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Apple Needs to release a 17" widescreen monitor! Nothing more to discuss. For some, spending over a grand for a LCD is too much. Having a 17" for 599 would be perfect. Creative professionals would appreciate the Apple design in a smaller monitor for tool palletes and other work instead of having to get a larger 20".

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    Why? Why don't you just buy a ViewSonic 17"? 17" LCDs are a commodity product. Apple is not going to be competing on price. If Apple made 17" LCDs everyone on these boards would be complaining about how expensive they were and no one would buy them. Saying Apple needs to make 17" LCDs is like saying Apple needs to make memory, or hard drives. If you are worried enough about money that you aren't buying the 20" you should go and buy one from one of the other 50 venders already competing in this market.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    algolalgol Posts: 833member
    shit, I need to release. lol
  • Reply 3 of 12
    odedhodedh Posts: 53member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Altivec_2.0

Apple Needs to release a 17" widescreen monitor! Nothing more to discuss. For some, spending over a grand for a LCD is too much. Having a 17" for 599 would be perfect. Creative professionals would appreciate the Apple design in a smaller monitor for tool palletes and other work instead of having to get a larger 20".

mmmm Apple does sell a 17" monitor, simply in the old design, the cost is 699$
  • Reply 4 of 12
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    My guess is there will be a 17" LCD from Apple, but only in the form of an AIO iMac.

It would be nice to have a WS 17" model. But for me, it's more an issue that the 20" is priced too high.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by satchmo

My guess is there will be a 17" LCD from Apple, but only in the form of an AIO iMac.

It would be nice to have a WS 17" model. But for me, it's more an issue that the 20" is priced too high.

true, it should be 1149 tops. the 23, that is a good price, more expencive than sony, but a far and away better unit, both in component and build quality. and the 30, aw hell, apple can so whatever the hell it wants here, no other players in the game, yet.

on the other hand, an apple display is like a Swiss watch, you have to pay for the bling.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    auroraaurora Posts: 1,142member
    I agree,its not like everyone needs or wants 20 - 30" monitors. not having a 17" is another marketing miss. Apple wants to box you into iMac or Powermac and great big diplays. 20" is at least $600 more then i want to spend. so now i have to go looking around for a nice 17" to match my 2.5 Powermac. what is apple thinking? Pods?
  • Reply 7 of 12
    lemon bon bonlemon bon bon Posts: 2,383member
    Quote:

what is apple thinking?

I know...

If only we knew...

Lemon Bon Bon
  • Reply 8 of 12
    ~ufo~~ufo~ Posts: 245member
    Apples don't think you twat !

• Reply 9 of 12
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Wait a month, you'll see em announced with the iMac.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    eupfhoriaeupfhoria Posts: 257member
    They would have released it if you had added another 'e' in the title. They are impressed by that sort of thing.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JBL

Why? Why don't you just buy a ViewSonic 17"? 17" LCDs are a commodity product. Apple is not going to be competing on price. If Apple made 17" LCDs everyone on these boards would be complaining about how expensive they were and no one would buy them. Saying Apple needs to make 17" LCDs is like saying Apple needs to make memory, or hard drives. If you are worried enough about money that you aren't buying the 20" you should go and buy one from one of the other 50 venders already competing in this market.

while that is somewhat true and likely the case....

17 inch widescreens are not a commodity. and for the people who like design, many would pay a bit more to have an all apple setup that matched and looked cool. in fact, they already do.

the lack of a 17 inch widescreen is unfortunate. i think it would be a very high seller even if it was 100-200 dollars more than competing displays. despite that, i think apple is getting a lot more people to spend more than they intended on spending by only having a widescreen 20 inch and higher.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    chipzchipz Posts: 100member
    I agree - Apple needs a 17" WideScreen monitor. Not everyone wants a 20" or larger, nor do they have room for them. Apple will miss another boat if they don't put a 17" monitor in their lineup.