Message for Fellowship

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi, Im MarcUK, I have been temporarily banned for some stupidity, so Im posting under my other account.

Along time ago, you asked me to read a book "Designer Universe and the existance of God." I bought it and read it. I dismissed it. I have also read umpteen Creationist, Christian, every religion, articles and in light of contradictary evidence from the scientific community, I have rejected them all too.

As of 18th July 2004, I believe in Jesus. No thats not a typo. I have spent considerable time over the last few years searching out the answer to the most importany question man can ask of himself. This weekend, I needed to settle the question once and for all, because the question was destroying my life. Ive read and read until I could not keep my eyes open any longer. I kept reading past this until I had the answer.

You asked me to read a book. I now ask you to do the same. The book that made me believe in Jesus, was http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

Fellowship, please read this book and tell me what you think.

I suggest anyone asking themselves the same questions I have, also read this book, and make a decision.

MarcUK

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    You want to get banned twice?
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Giaguara

You want to get banned twice?

Greetings!

Now that Ive found Jesus, I don't think it matters any more. Sure I know I could get banned for being in violation of the rule of not posting under a different alais, does that matter?

Once you have discovered Jesus, it changes your life. I doubt I'll need to spend as much time, if any at AO, because my life has changed as of today. I have a lot of thinking to do now, I am but in the first day of my rebirth. I need to understand what Jesus means to me, and understand how I live my life as of today.

If I get banned, it will because Jesus has saw fit to guide me away from AO. He has a plan for me, and I must try to understand what it is. A banning will confirm, that hours of posting at AO is not it.

I will pray for guidance, but I am as sure of Jesus, as I am sure that the sun rises every day.

May Jesus light all our lives.

MarcUK
  • Reply 3 of 9
    beige_g3beige_g3 Posts: 203member
    Could be IP ban material. Someone at my college ticked off the mods and they IP banned the whole college for about a year.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    quaremquarem Posts: 254member
    The book description from Amazon.com says the following.

Controversial and explosive, The Christ Conspiracy marshals an enormous amount of startling evidence that the religion of Christianity and Jesus Christ were created by members of various secret societies, mystery schools and religions in order to unify the Roman Empire under one state religion! This powerful book maintains that these groups drew upon a multitude of myths and rituals that already existed long before the Christian era and reworked them into the story the Christian religion presents today-known to most Westerners as the Bible. Author Acharya makes the case that there was no actual person named Jesus, but that several characters were rolled into one mythic being inspired by the deities Mithras, Heracles/Hercules, Dionysus and many others of the Roman Empire. She demonstrates that the story of Jesus, as portrayed in the Gospels, is nearly identical in detail to those of the earlier savior-gods Krishna and Horus, and concludes that Jesus was certainly neither original nor unique, nor was he the divine revelation. Rather, he represents the very ancient body of knowledge derived from celestial observation and natural forces. A book that will initiate heated debate and inner struggle, it is intelligently written and referenced. The only book of its kind, it is destined for controversy.

I'm completely confused. How could a book like the one above lead you to believe in Jesus? What do these beliefs about Jesus entail?
  • Reply 5 of 9
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    He is a troll being a troll, no need to think further about it.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    This is not MarkUK.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    xenuxenu Posts: 204member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Quarem

The book description from Amazon.com says the following.

Controversial and explosive, The Christ Conspiracy marshals an enormous amount of startling evidence that the religion of Christianity and Jesus Christ were created by members of various secret societies, mystery schools and religions in order to unify the Roman Empire under one state religion! This powerful book maintains that these groups drew upon a multitude of myths and rituals that already existed long before the Christian era and reworked them into the story the Christian religion presents today-known to most Westerners as the Bible. Author Acharya makes the case that there was no actual person named Jesus, but that several characters were rolled into one mythic being inspired by the deities Mithras, Heracles/Hercules, Dionysus and many others of the Roman Empire. She demonstrates that the story of Jesus, as portrayed in the Gospels, is nearly identical in detail to those of the earlier savior-gods Krishna and Horus, and concludes that Jesus was certainly neither original nor unique, nor was he the divine revelation. Rather, he represents the very ancient body of knowledge derived from celestial observation and natural forces. A book that will initiate heated debate and inner struggle, it is intelligently written and referenced. The only book of its kind, it is destined for controversy.

Why is this Controversial and explosive? Even a small amount of research will show the entire 'jesus myth' was taken from the hindu and egyptian religions.

Every thing jesus was supposed to have done, had already been done by others.

As mentioned by Quarem, it is unlikely such a book would lead to a belief in jesus.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Jesus wants you to stop posting when you are banned.

Thanks