I wish I could stream like Napster

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
The more i read about napster and other service's ability to stream, the more I like it. As a student, I spend a lot of time at or near my computer (homework, parties, etc) it would love to be able to pay $10 a month to stream the whole itunes library... it would be even better if my school offered it for free like some are doing with others. As a poor college student, 99 cents is still a lot to pay for that one hit wonder you just want to play once at your kegger.

Does anyone else out there wish iTunes would also offer the subscription method for listening to music, in addition to being able to download for 99 cents?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    pesipesi Posts: 424member
    nope. music you subscribe to is bad.

because you can't take it with you.

and once the subscription is over, so is your music.

99 cents a track too expensive? for that one hit wonder? to own it forever?

but $10/mo isn't? and you have to keep paying that $10/mo forever?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    dogcowdogcow Posts: 713member
    As a student I could have 700,000 songs to play at anytime while in my dorm or apartment - which is a lot of the time. It would be great at parties - the ultimate jukebox with just about any song. A lot of the time I will have friends over who might not like the music I own. Why should I pay for music I'm only going to listen to while they are around? Most of the illegal songs I have on my drive are songs I personally never listen to, but have for parties and for friends to listen to when they are over. I'll pay 99 cents for a song I enjoy, and will listen to more than once, but not a song someone else just wants me to have on my computer.

The point is, it gives a legal alternative to the "download-and-trash" method which many people I know do.