Mike's Free Toolbar Icons

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I just put up a set of 18 toolbar icons developers can use to help make their applications look and feel even better on Mac OS X. The icon set is similar to The Iconfactory's $349 "Stock Icon" sets, including an add button, pencil, document, paintbrush, folders, and more ? but is of a higher quality and totally free. Developers can use the icons in their applications completely free of charge and as long as they would like. I hope some people find a good home for these!

Download Mike's Toolbar Icons

More Info

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    Woohoo I just saved $349!!!
  • Reply 2 of 13
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    thanks mike. they are nice, but to be fair to the guys at iconfactory, they do put out a LARGE number of icons in their sets, and in different formats and resoultions, too. plus, they mostly started making the icon sets for pay because they got sick of people trying to steal them for their commercial apps withotu asking/paying first.

anyway, you can't totally knock free, so this is pretty cool.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Hey, you're back! Looks like you learned how to spell though. \
  • Reply 4 of 13
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PBG4 Dude

Hey, you're back! Looks like you learned how to spell though. \

OS X's Spellchecker
  • Reply 5 of 13
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    I pray that one day you will get a call from Nisus, who will ask you to design real icons for Writer Express. These would replace the present ones, which are obviously designed by nearsighted elves from the North Pole.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

OS X's Spellchecker

• Reply 7 of 13
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    That's what it's there for!

Nifty, Michael. I have a couple questions about the terms of use. Check your PMs (in a minute, I have to write one first).
  • Reply 8 of 13
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    I dig a lot of your other icons mike, but those look like they came straight out of Windows \
  • Reply 9 of 13
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Frank777

I pray that one day you will get a call from Nisus, who will ask you to design real icons for Writer Express. These would replace the present ones, which are obviously designed by nearsighted elves from the North Pole.

what, you don't like "poorly rendered mercurial man with lightning bolt -- now pen" logo they currently use? why that just screams "word processing."

hey, while we're at it, let's check out that sexy-cool nisus email logo they've been using for way, way, WAY too long...

• Reply 10 of 13
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Mike, I checked your site for other icons that you have made (and making). I have to say you really are good at it. I am amazed.

What amazes me even more is that you now can spell properly
  • Reply 11 of 13
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I never thought I'd see him spell things correctly...
  • Reply 12 of 13
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    He is bigtime now, I'm shocked he is slumming it with us.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Yeah, thanks for coming back to the old stomping ground, big guy.

And thanks for the icons.