No, iTunes, I don't speak Korean!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Strangest thing... iTunes all of the sudden is now in another language. I was using it last night, put my computer to sleep, and this morning it was broken.

I first verified permissions, didn't help. I trashed all my iTunes prefs, didn't help. In the iTunes.app info palette I deleted all the other languages, didn't help.

Then I noticed on the menu bar all the text is a few pixels higher than what it usually looks like, and this is on all apps, so I thought it might be a language issue with the system. In international preferences I removed everything but English, didn't help.

I have no idea what happened, does anyone know what's wrong or care to take a guess?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Ah, problem solved.

Earlier I copied several fonts from my PC and must have accidently selected Lucida Grande. Newly opened apps started to read the Windows version in my library and it threw everything off.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    My guess is that you copied some fonts from your PC and must have accidently selected Lucida Grande. Then any newly opened apps started to read the Windows version in your library and it threw everything off.

I hope this helps....