in reference to the iDVD topic being closed..

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
how is burning an extra copy of a DVD u own illegal? it is 100 percent legal to make as many backups of whatever you like as long as you own / purchased the original product. this is true for ROMs, DVD's, cd's, etc.

is Someone power hungry or just a slight misunderstanding? one more thing, why does JAMBO (the moderator that shut the topic down) feel the need to exploit the fact that hes a homosexual? do we really need to know? should i have a signature that claims me being a Heterosexual? because if we have to distinguish ourselves from eachother, and classify what type of Human Beings we are, then let me know so i could set mine up...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by D3ct

how is burning an extra copy of a DVD u own illegal? it is 100 percent legal to make as many backups of whatever you like as long as you own / purchased the original product. this is true for ROMs, DVD's, cd's, etc.

is Someone power hungry or just a slight misunderstanding? one more thing, why does JAMBO (the moderator that shut the topic down) feel the need to exploit the fact that hes a homosexual? do we really need to know? should i have a signature that claims me being a Heterosexual? because if we have to distinguish ourselves from eachother, and classify what type of Human Beings we are, then let me know so i could set mine up...

backing up DVDs for archiveal is not illegal whatsoever, fair use, now if you plan to do this on a freinds DVD that you are borrowing, or a rental, that is illegal.

quick n' dirty how to
  • Reply 2 of 4
    ludwigvanludwigvan Posts: 458member
    Quote:

one more thing, why does JAMBO (the moderator that shut the topic down) feel the need to exploit the fact that hes a homosexual?

"Exploit the fact"?

Quote:

do we really need to know? should i have a signature that claims me being a Heterosexual? because if we have to distinguish ourselves from eachother, and classify what type of Human Beings we are, then let me know so i could set mine up...

I exploit my location by placing it in my profile (i.e., Minnesota). No one really needs to know that, but I thought I'd share it anyway. And that may just be enough (aside from my forum name) to distinguish me from many of the others around here.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    Quote:

Homophobe alert, homophobe alert.

<Cue wailing sirens and flashing lights>

Exploit? I always thought homosexuality described one's sexual orientation not what type of human being you were.

Vis the copying. Isn't there a provision in the DMCA that could see AI (or any other web site) held liable for providing information on how to make illegal copies? Regarding fair use, the current meaning of that phrase seems to be something like this.

"Sure you can make back up copies for personal use. Kind of. Sort of. A bit. Not really."
  • Reply 4 of 4
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    1) Jambo was perfectly right in his decision , the original poster wanted to copy illegaly DVD :

Quote:

is this hard to do? i've got iDVD and need to make some copies of, cough, cough.. some live music dvds

If not why "cough, cough" ?. Note that the poster did not complain about this mod decision.

2) I don't see where Jambo "exploit" the fact he is an homosexual. I will say that it's a borderline comment, if not worse.

For your information, I will add the rule 3 :

Quote:

All comments about a moderator or an administrator should be directed to him personally (or another administrator if the member does not feel comfortable dealing directly) by using private messaging or e-mail. Do not start a thread or make public posts in any forum for the purpose of expressing displeasure with the actions of a moderator or administrator.

This thread is closed