dead pixel on new 20 inch already!!!!

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
grr.... is there a good fix for a dead pixel I already have on my brand new 20 inch???? i'll try to get a pic of it. man its pissing me off. anyways, your thoughts?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    unless it's a stuck pixel, no there is no real fixes for them. You just have to live with it, and keep track for any new ones. Apple will not give you a replacement unless you have one of the following:

-5 stuck pixels in random places

-3 pixels that are grouped together

If it's in the middle of the screen you MIGHT be able to persuade them for a replacement. LCD's are never perfect, it is impossible to make a 100% perfect screen every single time, so manufacturers' set a criteria. Every pixel has a connector to it, so there is alot of connectors, in a logical sense having only one dead pixel on a 20 inch monitor is a very very small % overall, much much less then 1%.

But, if you hate it so much, why not go back and exchange? since it's less then 15 days.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    I had a stuck pixel on my first iBook (Tangerine).

You can sometimes very, very gently massage a stuck pixel to make it work.

Try taking the cloth that came with your 20", putting it around your index finger and, applying very light pressure, message it with little circles around the pixel for a second or two.

It worked for me immediately. Popped from red to normal.

Good luck.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    jmoneyjmoney Posts: 133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

grr.... is there a good fix for a dead pixel I already have on my brand new 20 inch???? i'll try to get a pic of it. man its pissing me off. anyways, your thoughts?

Definitely try that whole massaging thing, I've seen it work before. Also where is it? Dead center of the screen really sucks but if it's tucked in a corner just matter over mind it (or nevermind it) if possible. Dead pixels suck, but it's one of those things in life..
  • Reply 4 of 4
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    thanks for the replies. i meant to say 'stuck pixel'--it is stuck on blue, and just a bit "southeast" of center. i'll call apple jsut for the hell of it.