PowerBook: OEM Samsung RAM or cheap RAM

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hello friends! New to this forum, looks like a good one. I am looking to buy 1 GB of RAM for my 15" PowerBook. I read that the real OEM Samsung RAM that Apple uses in their PowerBooks uses less power (longer battery life) than third-party RAM, and therefore also runs cooler. But besides this fact, I suspect that it will make the PowerBook run more stable than if I buy cheap, third-party RAM. Can anyone confirm this? I have found the Samsung RAM for $399 on www.memoryx.net, which is a great price.

Thanks for any help.

akindo

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    jmoneyjmoney Posts: 133member
    I try to never cheap out on RAM because I find soemtimes the cheap stuff will give you lots of headaches.. ie) system crashes, hangs, freezes, etc.. If you can afford, get the good stuff!
  • Reply 2 of 4
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    whoops, nm
  • Reply 3 of 4
    ibook911ibook911 Posts: 607member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1337_5L4Xx0R

whoops, nm

$399 for a gig is a great pice IMHO. So, why not go with it? I can't imagine there is much out there for less than $399.

I sure hope the day comes when gig sticks are under $200.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    akindoakindo Posts: 2member
    Thanks a lot guys for that info, yes, I will spend the extra money and get Samsung, don't want any problems here, my PowerBook is used live on stage in clubs, so no crashes desired.

akindo