Tips for time abroad...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hey everyone - I'm going to be outside the USA for university this semester, and I'm starting to think about my computer situation while overseas. Right now, I use a 15" TiBook -- have used a 12" iBook in the past, and it was alright. I'm wondering if a trade-in/sell-off toward a 12" PB might be in order, but I've gotten so used to the nice resolution and size of the Ti --- especially since it's my only computer. Since I won't be trekking back and forth all the time with it, I really don't think I'd get rid of it for the footlong, but if anyone has advice, t'would be welcome.

I'm also thinking about sillier things like a printer; I will be doing actual work, so having one to use in the apartment would be nice. Are the gimmicky travel printers from Canon worth it -- or would I be better off waiting to get something cheap over there?

Naturally my IPod comes along -- with a clever little set of speakers I found at Target the other day for under $50.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    talksense101talksense101 Posts: 1,738member
    where are you going to? it is best to minimise the amount of baggage and avoid the hassles of customs.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    Printers are a dime a dozen.

Take the important stuff (read: iPod and Ti) and travel light.

"The things you own end up owning you"