iBook G4 1Ghz and OS X Tiger?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I was just pouring over the specs on Tiger, and the video card in the iBook 12" isn't supported for the new Core Image aspect of 10.4! I'm in a sort of limbo between the 12 inch iBook and 12 inch Powerbook (cost is a factor) and I'm wondering, when Tiger roars in (sorry, couldn't resist :-P ) will I be outta luck?

Also, how much slower is the 12" iBook compared with the 12" Powerbook? I'm mostly going to be doing essays, surfing, and photoshop.

Cheers,

Jonathan

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hailing

I was just pouring over the specs on Tiger, and the video card in the iBook 12" isn't supported for the new Core Image aspect of 10.4! I'm in a sort of limbo between the 12 inch iBook and 12 inch Powerbook (cost is a factor) and I'm wondering, when Tiger roars in (sorry, couldn't resist :-P ) will I be outta luck?

Also, how much slower is the 12" iBook compared with the 12" Powerbook? I'm mostly going to be doing essays, surfing, and photoshop.

Cheers,

Jonathan

your core image and core video wont be hardware accelerated.

if that bothers you then the powerbook is your cheapest portable option as of now. if you use your computer today with all its features and you're happy, go for the iBook.