what's with Think Secret !!!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

am i hallucinating or has Think Secret been sampling AI's news?

AI comes up with some news on MacSurfer, two hours later Think Secret is saying exactly the same thing. That Nick de Plum Pudding is up to no good.

+Chidi+

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    If you're going to copy someone... copy from the best!
  • Reply 2 of 16
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:

am i hallucinating

Pretty much says it all doesn't it? Developer seed news isn't Earth shattering punchy.
  • Reply 3 of 16
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Isn't that the way the rumor game has always been played?

For that matter, it is how the entire news industry works. It's just that their aren't many apple rumors to go around so the phenomenon is more readily noticed.

At some point, TS will get a good source and it will be their turn to break rumors and get copied by other sites.
  • Reply 4 of 16
    thanks for that insight.

+C+
  • Reply 5 of 16
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    *cough* new iPod *cough*.

Where was AI that weekend ?? Not scooping the Newsweek leak.
  • Reply 6 of 16
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rlindeman

If you're going to copy someone... copy from the best!

Who has the better record? Anyone? No one knows? Thinksecret has the better record. I believe ts had the dual core report first. There is hundreds of ai reports that never went on ts and those reports never happened.
  • Reply 7 of 16
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

*cough* new iPod *cough*.

Where was AI that weekend ?? Not scooping the Newsweek leak.

Oh I don't know. Not regurgitating news that was already plastered all over the internet perhaps?

Both AI and TS have long been recognized as being among the better rumor sites. Both have their wins and losses. That is the nature of the rumor business.

Leave the petty point scoring aside. It's dumb, it doesn't achieve anything and it just makes everybody look like a bunch of prats.
  • Reply 8 of 16
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    If Think Secret is posting something I trust it much even if it goes against my hunch. More than AI even.

What? I thought it said moderator a minute ago
  • Reply 9 of 16
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Quote:

Originally posted by crazychester

Both AI and TS have long been recognized as being among the better rumor sites. Both have their wins and losses. That is the nature of the rumor business.

Leave the petty point scoring aside. It's dumb, it doesn't achieve anything and it just makes everybody look like a bunch of prats.

Well said
  • Reply 10 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jambo

Well said

I agree. And if anyone is actually serious about gathering rumours about Apple stuff, they would hopefully check more than one site for the "inside scoops"... excluding of course macosrumors.com... m.
  • Reply 11 of 16
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    AI's news articles make me laugh.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Merovingian

I agree. And if anyone is actually serious about gathering rumours about Apple stuff, they would hopefully check more than one site for the "inside scoops"... excluding of course macosrumors.com... m.

Visiting MOSR makes baby Jesus cry.
  • Reply 13 of 16
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dfiler

Isn't that the way the rumor game has always been played?

The biggest problem with the Mac rumor scene is that these sites often feel the need to repeat others' inside info or rumors so they can claim some piece of legitimacy if/when the news comes out. It creates an echo chamber for speculation. Once enough sites repeat the same info from the same source, it's perceived as being credible and readers get their expectations up when there really isn't a corroboration of facts, just a game of telephone. Rumors sites hurt their case the more they do this in the long run because the signal to noise ratio gets worse, but I don't know if they'll ever figure that out, and the need to pay the bills affects their strategy too. Also, they're so preoccupied with appearing to beat out other sites, it's as if they're not willing to coexist with similar places. People buy into this petty rivalry for some reason.
  • Reply 14 of 16
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    This thread isn't dead yet?

What crazychester and BuonRotto said.
  • Reply 15 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

Also, they're so preoccupied with appearing to beat out other sites, it's as if they're not willing to coexist with similar places. People buy into this petty rivalry for some reason.

I really like Think Secret. They've been pretty sharp lately. But what you say it's certainly true. TS does a lot of "as we previosly reported" stuff, to remind the reader they said things first, etc. I guess they have a reputation to keep, so it's understandable. They have great coverage of the mac insider scene.
  • Reply 16 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by PBG4 Dude

Visiting MOSR makes baby Jesus cry.

Yeah I kinda think it does.