Great tech support

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
We just ditched DSL yesterday and replaced it with cable from insight communications. You may have read in my previous threads about my knock-down-drag-out fights with verizon tech, they left me on hold for 45min+, talked down to me, and even hung up on me - all of this over the fact that I wanted to be upgraded to the 1.5mb connection that they have for the same price as we were paying for the 3 year old 768k line, they said NO! so we switched.

Back to the point, I had a small mishap with the connection tonight so I called Insight tech support, the gentleman talked to me in a very professional way after only 2 minutes on hold! and after resetting the modem from their end all was well.

I cant believe that good tech support exists but I found it!

and getting 3mbps was a great bonus!!!!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    Congrats!

I remember in Calgary I had cable that would give me like half a meg a second. No Joke. At the time, the linux kernel was 30MB as a compressed archive, and it took one minute to download. Cable can rule.

These days I'm in Vancouver and get 180KB/sec through Telus DSL. Yawn.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I used to get about 480K/s (that's bytes, not bits) download but every time my cable provider goes under/is bought out, my sevice slows. Now, breaking 130K is good. I long for my old cable modem service. (Unlimited download bandwith, 128k upload, Static IP, $21 a month.) \ I've lived that dream but now its gone.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    sparhawksparhawk Posts: 134member
    great to hear that it pays off making choise and dare quitting on a provider you have been with. Only too many ppl stay where they are, even if service sucks, wrong signal to the market really !

and you ppl think that your speed is bad now... i moved from Holland to Curacao. From cable unlimited 400kbytes to dial-up. So send all those hankies to Curacao, so i can cry in them, ok?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sparhawk

and you ppl think that your speed is bad now... i moved from Holland to Curacao. From cable unlimited 400kbytes to dial-up. So send all those hankies to Curacao, so i can cry in them, ok?

Dang! That deserves a drink in your name.

*reaches for a... a... well, the only thing in arm's reach is a Dr. Pepper.*

*Takes a biiiiig sip*

Its too bad really. I mean, I don't have to use cable, but our city was one of the first few test locations for cable internet, and with that brought DSL and that competition brought REALLY good prices and incentives. Now ATT@home is now Comcast, and Pac Bell is now SBC, and these 2 multi-billion $$$ giants really don't care about the customers anymore. If I had the money, I would set up a town-wide free wireless network. Jut just because it is cool and challenging, but most of all it would piss off SBC and Comcast.

OK, it is 2:30 AM, and I may regret typing this wen I read it tomorrow, but why is is so hard to appeal to your customers these days? Is is just me, or are Mom & Pop stores the coolest, nicest places to go and they are just getting better?

Ebby's rant... Over and out. *click*
  • Reply 5 of 5
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

OK, it is 2:30 AM, and I may regret typing this wen I read it tomorrow, but why is is so hard to appeal to your customers these days? Is is just me, or are Mom & Pop stores the coolest, nicest places to go and they are just getting better?

true, eccept for a particular mom and pop computer shop locally... known nationwide for sucking by other mom and pop shops that fix their stuff....