Curacao...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited April 2014
anybody here on this forum actually lives in Curacao?

if not, why not? hehe Just curious to see if someone actually could be found on this island with a healthy interest in Apple. In 3 years we will be moving to the area of Woodstock, Ontario, Canada. Will ask the same question then with our new address

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    No, but I spent 5 great days there a few years ago when the USS Yorktown pulled in. Great place. And they loooove baseball down there.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    a10t2a10t2 Posts: 191member
    And here I came in for a discussion of liqueurs... Looks like a nice place anyway.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    I love BLue-Saki-Martinis . .. . or, I used to, when I drank more than I do now.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    Ya bunch of alcoholics!
  • Reply 5 of 13
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    I met a beautiful girl from Curacao on a cruise two years ago. Beautiful...
  • Reply 6 of 13
    sparhawksparhawk Posts: 134member
    i could have known that i would get these kinda reactions hehe nothing wrong with that though

and yes, it's a good place to be here. Am way more relaxed then when i was living in Holland.

will drink a beer on you guys when i am at the beach again
  • Reply 7 of 13
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    I've been to Amsterdam, but not where you are. What's nice about Curacao? Are there mountains, or is it flat? I'm not that crazy about flat places. Mountains are so dramatic, so promising, so exciting. But flat? Yuck!

Oops. I think I'm pretty well crocked. Wheeeeeee!!!!!
  • Reply 8 of 13
    there are actually some mountains and there is quite some nice flora and fa.... darn, you're crocked, you don't really wanna hear all this
  • Reply 9 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by sparhawk

there are actually some mountains and there is quite some nice flora and fa.... darn, you're crocked, you don't really wanna hear all this

Hi Sparhawk -

Guess what? I don't really remember writing that post.

• Reply 10 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carol A

Hi Sparhawk -

Guess what? I don't really remember writing that post.

Way to go Carol !! hehe sounds familiar, i had a bad habbit of chatting while just returning from a hard night downtown

Glad ppl don't log that much.

anyway, visit Curacao and see for yourself
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Ok.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sparhawk

anyway, visit Curacao and see for yourself

I actually just booked my tickets to Curacao for the holidays in December. My wife and two brother-in-laws will be renting a bungalow at the beach. Even though I love to ski (after all, I grew up in Switzerland), I can't wait to spend Christmas somewhere warm. Time to get out my SCUBA and sailing gear...

sparhawk: Any tips on what to do and what not do do during a 10-day vacation on Curacao? I'm interested to hear about the whole gamut of activities: culture, nightlife, dining, outdoor activities... you name it.

Escher
  • Reply 13 of 13

I don't live in Curacao but i would love to live there. The island is amazing. You can find anything you want there. From the historical monuments, to the beautiful beaches, you can find anything you want. I was last year and i experienced a lot of their culture, with the great foods, great drinks and many features that will guarantee a nice vacation. I found the company http://www.curacaovacationaccommodation.com who had many houses to rent from. I rented the Ocean Sky apartment. It had a nice view and all around the resort i found all i needed to have a great holiday. Hope this information helps you. Take care!