Steve Jobs: Get Well Soon!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
From Macrumors:

Quote:

Team,

I have some personal news that I need to share with you, and I wanted you to hear it directly from me. This weekend I underwent a successful surgery to remove a cancerous tumor from my pancreas. I had a very rare form of pancreatic cancer called an islet cell neuroendocrine tumor, which represents about 1% of the total cases of pancreatic cancer diagnosed each year, and can be cured by surgical removal if diagnosed in time (mine was). I will not require any chemotherapy or radiation treatments.

The far more common form of pancreatic cancer is called adenocarcinoma, which is currently not curable and usually carries a life expectancy of around one year after diagnosis. I mention this because when one hears "pancreatic cancer" (or Googles it), one immediately encounters this far more common and deadly form, which, thank god, is not what I had.

I will be recuperating during the month of August, and expect to return to work in September. While I'm out, I've asked Tim Cook to be responsible for Apple's day to day operations, so we shouldn't miss a beat. I'm sure I'll be calling some of you way too much in August, and I look forward to seeing you in September.

Steve

PS: I'm sending this from my hospital bed using my 17-inch PowerBook and an Airport Express.

Get Well Soon.

Aries 1B

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
  • Reply 2 of 5
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jwri004

Might want to look here

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=44784

Thanks. Wouldn't have thought to look in General Discussion, seeing how GD's SUPPOSED to be for Technology Discussion.

Cancer's about as Real World as it gets.

Mods: Please lock and delete this thread when you get around to it,. Thanks.

Aries 1B
  • Reply 3 of 5
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    this is true, cancer is as real as it gets, but SJ is an integral part of Apple Computer... I would be surprised if Apple's stock doesn't dip a bit as a result of this news...

therefore it is relevant to tech discussion... \
  • Reply 4 of 5
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aries 1B

Thanks. Wouldn't have thought to look in General Discussion, seeing how GD's SUPPOSED to be for Technology Discussion.

This place is divided into topics????

I am a "new post" boy myself - I prefer not to be constrained by boundaries

• Reply 5 of 5
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Locked.