667Mhz TiBook... Is this good enough?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I just realized that the machine is a little more than half the speed of Apple's fastest processor, and only 267Mhz faster than my 400Mhz B&W G3 of years past. Will this last me another 3 years?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    [quote]Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce:

<strong>Will this last me another 3 years?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Really depends on what your going to be doing with it. If your going ot be buying new games and programs 2 years from now and expecting top of the line performance, then NO, it won't. But if you plan on sticking with your current OS and software then sure, it will last as long as you perform routine maitence and keep the hardware in good shape. My B&W G3 400 is running 10.1 and plays like a champ. It is 3 years old and I plan on at least another 2 years on it. Don't rush off credit card in hand unless your current comp has MAJOR drawbacks which cannot be compensated for elsewhere. Good luck!
  • Reply 2 of 4
    agent302agent302 Posts: 974member
    Well, having gone from a 400 mhz G3 (iMac) to a Ti 667 DVI, i must say it feels a whole lot faster than just 267 Mhz
  • Reply 3 of 4
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    You're also going from an 8MB Rage 128 to a 32MB Radeon 7500. That's like 5+ times better FPS in games, and I bet your iMac couldn't burn CDs.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    max8319max8319 Posts: 347member
    and, of coarse, OSX is optimzed for G4's. i oticed a difference when i went from my Powerbook G3 500 to a Powerbook G4 400

hopefully 10.2 will help improve things all around, though, not just for G4's