Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19
    hardeeharharhardeeharhar Posts: 4,841member
    I am rick james, beyotch.
  • Reply 2 of 19
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
    Did anyone see the Rick James episode of Chappell's show? I'd expect it to air soon, and man was it funny!!!
  • Reply 3 of 19
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hardeeharhar

I am rick james, beyotch.

Damn, you beat me
  • Reply 4 of 19
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by faust9

Did anyone see the Rick James episode of Chappell's show? I'd expect it to air soon, and man was it funny!!!

I think there are more people that have seen it than there are those who haven't.

Why would I ever rub my boots into Eddie Murphy's couch?

. . .

Yeah, I rubbed my boots into Eddie Murphy's couch.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
  • Reply 5 of 19
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    I know this isn't PoliticalOutsider, but people went ape-shit when some people didn't cry about the death of Reagan. Some of the shit I see being thrown around here is worse than that thread.

Just makin' a point.
  • Reply 6 of 19
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

I know this isn't PoliticalOutsider, but people went ape-shit when some people didn't cry about the death of Reagan. Some of the shit I see being thrown around here is worse than that thread.

Just makin' a point.

I'm Rick James, Bitch is a popular line from a television show entitled Chapelle's Show which is a sketch comedy show starring Dave Chapelle. Had you known this you would realize that there is no "shit" being "thrown." If you did indeed know this and still felt the same way there you defy all logic.
  • Reply 7 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

I'm Rick James, Bitch is a popular line from a television show entitled Chapelle's Show which is a sketch comedy show starring Dave Chapelle. Had you known this you would realize that there is no "shit" being "thrown." If you did indeed know this and still felt the same way there you defy all logic.

I know the sketch, the point is people are not 'respecting' him after his death. I have no problem with it, but then again, I had no problem 'disrespecting' Reagan's death either.
  • Reply 8 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

I know the sketch, the point is people are not 'respecting' him after his death. I have no problem with it, but then again, I had no problem 'disrespecting' Reagan's death either.

paroty is flattery - flattery is respect.
  • Reply 9 of 19
    Fair enough folks. I'll just say the 'tone' of this thread (even though I agree with it) is very different than that of the Reagan thread. If this is simply a form of flattery, then as I said, fair enough. I just think people are making fun of him, which wasn't 'allowed' when Reagan died.
  • Reply 10 of 19
    i don't think anyone commenting in this thread are commenting on rick james.....they are commenting of the PARODY of rick james done by dave chappelle.

james himself was a pretty decent guy, when he wasn't whacked on drugs or wearing his "superfreak" wig.

which unfortunately wasn't too often after he got huge.

he only made one great album.

he was in a band with neil young that was actually signed to motown, before they broke up and neil moved on to the buffalo springfield.

yes neil young was once a motown artist.
  • Reply 11 of 19
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

i don't think anyone commenting in this thread are commenting on rick james.....they are commenting of the PARODY of rick james done by dave chappelle.

james himself was a pretty decent guy, when he wasn't whacked on drugs or wearing his "superfreak" wig.

which unfortunately wasn't too often after he got huge.

he only made one great album.

he was in a band with neil young that was actually signed to motown, before they broke up and neil moved on to the buffalo springfield.

You do realize Rick James appeared on Chapelle's show. Obviously he liked the parody.
  • Reply 12 of 19
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

is that news? i thought that was blatantly obvious as an influence when he released Are you passionate?
  • Reply 13 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

You do realize Rick James appeared on Chapelle's show. Obviously he liked the parody.

I wasn't saying anything one way or another. I'm just saying many of the comments in the thread are based on the knowledge they have of him through Chappelle. I didn't mean to imply that Chappelle's parody was bad, disrespectful or whatever,

I highlighted the word parody because it was misspelled earlier in the thread.
  • Reply 14 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

is that news? i thought that was blatantly obvious as an influence when he released Are you passionate?

i remember thinking that when i heard it......"well" (scratching my head) "he was a motown artist......"

actually i became fond of that album, it seemed to purge him from the constant looking back he'd seemed to be doing since "unplugged".
  • Reply 15 of 19
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

i remember thinking that when i heard it......"well" (scratching my head) "he was a motown artist......"

actually i became fond of that album, it seemed to purge him from the constant looking back he'd seemed to be doing since "unplugged".

yea, it kinda grows on you....even though half the songs sound identical
  • Reply 16 of 19
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
    Poor, poor Rick... The coroner found a veritable cocktail of drugs (9 of them) in his system. See kids, do drugs become a Chappell show skit and die young. Cocain's a hell of a thing.
  • Reply 17 of 19
    And the afterlife orchestra gains a Superfreak.
  • Reply 18 of 19
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

And the afterlife orchestra gains a Superfreak.

Imagine him, Sinatra, Elvis, and Ray charles doing baber shop...the singing would turn into a knock-down drag-out throw down!