Connecting Airport Express to Stereo

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
OK, folks. what am I missing here?

I have unsuccessfully tried to connect my airport to my stereo. When it didn't work even after I bought a brand new 1/8"-stereo-miniplug-to-two-phonoplugs cable, I tried again with yet another brand new 1/8"-stereo-miniplug-to-two-phonoplugs cable.

The ethernet connection seems to be working just fine... The Airport Express is wirelessly connecting me to the internet.

Meanwhile, I know that my stereoamplifier is working fine....I have tried connecting the input from the Airport Express to everyone of the inputs...CD, Tape, etc.....all of which work when connected to other inputs.

Is my only conclusion that my Airport Express is broken??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    did you switch iTunes to whatever it is (mine is living room), as opposed to computer at the bottom by the equalizer?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Well, I don't know if you are doing something wrong, or your Airport Express has a problem.

I hooked my stereo (surround sound decoder, actually) up using a mini-plug-to-two-RCA-jack (red/white outputs) that I had hanging around the house, and it worked fine.

Later, I ordered a mini-to-TOSLINK cable online (for around $11, including shipping), and hooked into my decoder digitally, and it worked fine as well.

If you are doing the same thing and it isn't working, I'd say your AXP was the problem.

John