Collateral (spoilers--maybe)

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm not gonna spoil anything but others might... I'm just say'n though save your $$. The couple next to us walked out 3/4 the way through... I wish we had too. Wait for HBO to air this one.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    What was your objection?

I thought it was the best film I've seen all year.

You're definitely in the minority here. And I really can't see how anyone would give The Village a B-grade and then slap Collateral with a "wait till it comes to HBO." That's crazy!!
  • Reply 2 of 7
    I too enjoyed this film. The ending was especially entertaining.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DanMacMan

I too enjoyed this film. The ending was especially entertaining.

Oh, c'mon a DA walked away from a train with adead body on it. You'd think they would have hit the emergency stop button or something like that... Many scenes where contrite at best like when the "good" cop happened to get on the elevator in the hospital... The tired "good cop-apathetic cop" plot was used. The acting was poor at times. The plot twists where weak. That attorney chick didn't even pay Max at the beginning. When Max was speeding through LA why didn't vincent simply shoot him, reach through and grap the wheel? Why because the director wanted to continue the weak plot for another 20 minutes.

Oh, and you want tired and true-- walking into the sunrise after a difficult night. How many times has that been done?

Damn the bad luck that the stolen phone just happened to die at the crucial second. Let down and I saw that coming.

I don't know about y'all but as I said above the couple next to us left 3/4 the way through in disgust. The audience was quiet to vocally disgrunteled with the film at the end. I heard more than a fair share of complaints at the end. Overall, HBO flick at best.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    You are crazy. All your complaints are minor. Bad acting? Who?! The acting was superb.

The DA was being chased by that dead body. It's not like it was a witness or some random Joe. I didn't even think about the "emergency stop" button, so if it were me I wouldn't have done it either. Wouldn't you be in a state of shock after being chased through a subway train by a murderer?

Do you think that maybe he went to the hospital to scout the location? That's why he was at the DA's building in the beginning. He knew where the bodies were going. He was trying to remember faces.

My phone has what, only three hours talk time? It was very late at night. The phone's owner probably used it all day. It's not unlikely...in fact it's very likely.

Would you shoot a driver going 80 MPH on surface streets?

I don't know about you guys, but there was an applause by the end credits in my theater. Nobody claps at the end of movies anymore...only fanboys who go see LotR and stuff.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    objra10objra10 Posts: 679member
    Yeah, she was an AUSA, not a DA. but anyway... thought it was a good movie
  • Reply 6 of 7
    badtzbadtz Posts: 949member
    I thought it was okay.

They shot most of that in Downtown!

• Reply 7 of 7
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    I watched it as well on last Sunday (1pm show).. not many people. I really love the movie...esp the coyotes on the road and after that dude stole Vincent's bag from the cab.