non-english iBook/keyboard

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Are the keyboards for other languages the EXACT same setup but with different letters (symbols) where the average ones are?

if so is anyone looking to sell a pro keyboard or a iBook of other then english language? i just think if its the same it would look sweet a$$ sweet

Like in hacker, Lord Nikon has customized keys, i tried doign this before but the paint they put on keyboards is fick'n amazing, AP20 wouldn't even take it off, plus with keyboards having indentation now

[ 08-21-2002: Message edited by: ast3r3x ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Stickers, maybe?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    [quote]Originally posted by Alexander Wilson:

<strong>Stickers, maybe?</strong><hr></blockquote>

in hackers it was stickers, but i can't imagine it would look very good...as good as crazy japanesse sybols or something
  • Reply 3 of 6
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    before you go and change your keys, maybe you should switch to the dvorak layout.... MUCH better ergonomically and faster once you get used to it too...
  • Reply 4 of 6
    And that's not to be confused with the annoying columnist named Dvorak who hates Macs with a passion.

I think that Dvorak is the nephew or cousin of the guy who invented the keyboard. I've heard speculation that he's just pissed off at the world since it didn't adopt his uncle's keyboard.

I have a lot of writer friends who switched to Dvorak's method. With one or two it truly saved them from carpel tunnel and other RSIs.

Alex.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    [quote]Originally posted by Alexander Wilson:

<strong>And that's not to be confused with the annoying columnist named Dvorak who hates Macs with a passion.

I think that Dvorak is the nephew or cousin of the guy who invented the keyboard. I've heard speculation that he's just pissed off at the world since it didn't adopt his uncle's keyboard.

I have a lot of writer friends who switched to Dvorak's method. With one or two it truly saved them from carpel tunnel and other RSIs.

Alex.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Can I see a link to a keyboard like it?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    gspottergspotter Posts: 342member
    [quote]Originally posted by ast3r3x:

<strong>

Can I see a link to a keyboard like it?</strong><hr></blockquote>

<a href="http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~dylan/dvorak/dvorak.html"; target="_blank">Dvorak keyboard</a>