Texas Hold-em

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Wow I'm hurting today. It doesnt matter how much older I Get I still fall victim to going out on weeknights. Last night the wife and I went to some friend?s house and we started playing no-limit Texas Hold-em. Next thing you know its 4:30 in the morning and I have to be at work in 3 hours. Well, obviously I made it here today but I am dragging severe ass. Does anyone else constantly put themselves in this sort of predicament? I keep saying I'll never do this again but here I am yet again thinking of all the creative ways I can sneak 15 minutes of sleep in here and there. Damn you Texas hold-em!! Damn you to hell!!

My two favorite sleep methods for days like this are as follows; 1) crawl under my desk and go to sleep, and if anyone walks up start fumbling with the back of my PC as if I'm fixing something. 2) tip my chair over, mess the papers on my desk up, lay my coffee cup on the ground and then lay down and go to sleep. If someone walks up I'll act disoriented and ask them where I am as if I had passed out. (Sooner or later I'll get the balls to try one of these)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I don't really get the energy to do anything until about 10pm each night. Then it's like I catch a second wind. I get more done between 10pm and midnight than I do from 5pm to 10 pm. Once I get into something and I start to concentrate, the hours go by quickly. I find myself doing work on the side until 2 or 3am all the time and then I have to get up in the morning to go to work. It doesn't help that I'm on my way out of this job and I've basically checked out mentally anyway.

I just wasn't built for these conventional working hours, and I am definitely not a morning person.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

I don't really get the energy to do anything until about 10pm each night. Then it's like I catch a second wind. I get more done between 10pm and midnight than I do from 5pm to 10 pm. Once I get into something and I start to concentrate, the hours go by quickly. I find myself doing work on the side until 2 or 3am all the time and then I have to get up in the morning to go to work. It doesn't help that I'm on my way out of this job and I've basically checked out mentally anyway.

I just wasn't built for these conventional working hours, and I am definitely not a morning person.

Me too! I cant get up at 7am, but I do, but at about 6pm I really need to sleep for a couple of hours, I get back up at 8-9 and have a really productive 4-5 hours.

When I sleep, sometimes I wake up feeling more tired than when I went to bed. Giving up smoking has helped a bit, but its like 4pm now and I really feel quite tired. Good Night.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I also find (durring these days of sleep deprivation) that I will go several days in a row getting only 2-3 hours of sleep each night and then I absolutely crash and go to sleep at like 7:00pm and sleep until 8:00am (late for work). It wears on me something fierce but I cant seem to shake the patern. Glad to hear its not just me with these vampiric-like hours of operation, although admitidly this is usually do to some extra-caricular activitys (drinking.....with friends, wouldent want to give the wrong impression )

wheres a boozy smiley when you need it?

maybe this (( ))))