Hurricane party

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hurricane Charley is heading towards Orlando. (Mickey Mouse will get quite a blow job tonight. . . chuckle chuckle) I live about 40 miles southeast. (40 mins down A1A from Ron Jon's, next door to all the old people)

Preparations:

Case of Becks (check)

Case of Corona (for the girls, check)

2 cases of Bud light (check)

handle of iceberg (check)

handle of rum (check)

handle of stoli 100 (check)

let the power go out. I have buckets filled with ice.

(psst. . . right now I'm on wireless and on battery. . . my mac is safe)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    naplesxnaplesx Posts: 3,743member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Hurricane Charley is heading towards Orlando. (Mickey Mouse will get quite a blow job tonight. . . chuckle chuckle) I live about 40 miles southeast. (40 mins down A1A from Ron Jon's, next door to all the old people)

Preparations:

Case of Becks (check)

Case of Corona (for the girls, check)

2 cases of Bud light (check)

handle of iceberg (check)

handle of rum (check)

handle of stoli 100 (check)

let the power go out. I have buckets filled with ice.

(psst. . . right now I'm on wireless and on battery. . . my mac is safe)

I SURVIVED! I SURVIVED!

Talk about anticlimactic. Here in SWFL.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    THe footage of Ft. Myers looked pretty wild, though.

I just went to the beach. the wind is sweeping a layer of about a foot of sand down the beach. the hurricane winds are blowing out to sea and down the beach, so it's pretty wild.

beer update.

-4 bottles Becks,

-10 bottles Bud light.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    I am up in Jacksonville and kinda bummed since he is now predicted to pass south of us. I was hoping for an exciting weekend.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    You forgot the rubbers.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    I don't think he wanted to get caught with his pants down when the roof gets blown away.

On a related topic, the US has offered $50,000 to Cuba for hurricane relief. Unofficially, Castro is planning to send a horde of refugees to Florida to bleed the taxpayers even more.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Jeez you people, you have plainly never been in a Category 4 hurricane My best friends dad, who spent 5 years being bombed and shot at in Vietnam said that having Hurricane Andrew destroy his home was the scariest experience of his life and will *never* ride out a hurricane again. "Stacks" of bodies, $15 billion+ in damage and more damage and casualties up the eastern seaboard likely today.

C'mon Pat Robertson and all you Conservative Christians, where are you? Are the gays and lesbians responsible for this disaster well? Or was "God's wrath" (!) directed at Florida for other reasons?

• Reply 7 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by sammi jo

Jeez you people, you have plainly never been in a Category 4 hurricane. . .

I was once in the core of a category 2 hurricane. It wasn't really all that bad, so long as the preparations were made. The C4 hurricane didn't even hit us. furthermore, the house I live in is made of reinforced concrete. An A-bomb next door couldn't take it down.

It was a pretty good hurricane party, btw.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ThinkingDifferent

I am up in Jacksonville and kinda bummed since he is now predicted to pass south of us. I was hoping for an exciting weekend.

you're an asshole. but a comment like that kind of makes me wish you did get hit by the hurricane.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    As they say, "The only substitute for inteligence is silence."

Nothing annoys me more than truly ignorant people who think they know better, and I'm not talking about ThinkingDifferent.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

As they say, "The only substitute for inteligence is silence."

Nothing annoys me more than truly ignorant people who think they know better, and I'm not talking about ThinkingDifferent.

nothing annoys me more than truly ignorant people who think they know better, and I'm not talking about ThinkingDifferent.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Well, then, I invite you to central Florida. come and stay until there's a hurricane. there are a bunch that come this time of year. You will be underwhelmed. I'll let you know when we have the next hurricane party. until then, stop being mom.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    SJO reminds me of this lame SNL skit of a game show titled "Make Joan Baez Laugh". The winner was the comic that made Joan Baez laugh. No one won.