Change Address Book photo size?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi,

I like the photo feature in Address Book. When I get email from my mom, I see a photo of mom. Even when I look at a mail I sent to someone else, I see my own photo. Neat!

However, I noticed that the photo in Mail.app is much larger than the photo I see when "browsing" the Address Book. Is there a way to change it so that it is displayed larger? Doesn't it store it as 128x128 pixels?

Related question. How do you increase the size of iChat photos? It's very small too...

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    regreg Posts: 832member
    For changing the iChat photo, which will also change your address photo:

_

Changing your iChat AV picture

You can set a custom picture, also known as a "buddy icon," that appears next to your name in the Buddy List and in message windows. When you select a picture for yourself, the people you chat with will see it, unless they have selected the "Only use this picture" option on their computers

Drag an image file to your name in the Buddy List.

For best results, use a picture that is 64 x 64 pixels in size. If you use a larger picture, a window appears that lets you resize and crop the image to the appropriate size.

Changing your picture in iChat AV also changes your card in Address Book.

If you have a videocamera connected to your computer, you can also take a video snapshot of yourself and use that as your buddy icon.

reg
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by reg

For best results, use a picture that is 64 x 64 pixels in size. If you use a larger picture, a window appears that lets you resize and crop the image to the appropriate size.

Thanks for your reply, reg. I already knew all of that. Perhaps I should rephrase my question...

I get the *same* picture in Address Book, iChat and Mail.app, but they appear in different sizes. That is, it is 64x64 in Mail.app, while it is 48x48 in Address Book, and is 32x32 (or nearly so) in iChat.

They all refer to the same source image, but scaled differently. I understand why iChat icons have to be small (space constraints), but in Address Book, there's plenty of space and I would like to get it full size as in Mail.app.

EDIT: PS - I think the pictures themselves are stored as 128x128 files. Would be better in Address Book to see photos that size!