wi-fi and powerbooks

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have a 15 inch G4 titanium powerbook and my friend has the 12 inch version. Strangely, her laptop can pick up wi-fi internet signals much further away than mine...about twice the distance! Is there a way to reset the sensitivity of the airport card...or have I got a lemon?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by sammi jo

I have a 15 inch G4 titanium powerbook and my friend has the 12 inch version. Strangely, her laptop can pick up wi-fi internet signals much further away than mine...about twice the distance! Is there a way to reset the sensitivity of the airport card...or have I got a lemon?

You could buy an external antenna for your titanium, but it would stick out from it. The problem is the placement of the antenna's on the titanium (on the side) vs. the placement on the aluminum (on the screen).

You could also try taking out your battery and seeing if the antenna is seated properly against the side.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    regreg Posts: 832member
    The reception I had on my Ti 500 was about 1/2 of my pb 17. I agree that you should check that the antenna is completely seated. If it isn't your reception will be very poor.

reg