Dotmac killed Firefox on PC

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Well, I'm running XP on my work PC, and a few weeks ago I installed Firefox. The main reason I wanted Firefox was for tabbed browsing and because my IE (and Windows) is in Chinese and there's no way of changing that without reinstalling Windows English edition. I don't want to force my IP guys to do too much at this point because I'm new at the company.

So anyway, I always had trouble using dotmac webmail with Firefox. I don't know why. But for soem reason I tried again today. Firefox crashed, and when I tried to relaunch it wouldn't launch. I restarted the computer, and tried again. Fiorefox launched, but it couldn't access any web addresses at all. Seems the DNS doesn't work at all.

I used the "uninstall" program to uninstall Firefox, and installed again from scratch. Still no go. Same thing, no DNS.

I don't know what to do. IE still works fine. Firefox is just broken, and I can't seem to fix it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    which build? I have no problem using FireFox 0.9.3 and some nightly build on mac.com web-mail. Running Windows 2000 Pro SP4/XP Pro SP1a and SP2.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

ust to let you know, Firefox uninstall does not uninstall everything that needs to be uninstalled.

You can right.. hope they will come up the solution soon.