Buy refurb, yes or no?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I posted this on another forum as well, the more advice the better.

I was considering getting a dual 2.0 G5 with the education discount. however, there seems to be a Rev B refurb 2.0 on apple's site. it is listed at $2099.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL....6.1.5.1.3.5.0

I think it has the Gig E card added as well. the question is, how can something so new be refurbed already? I am a little skeptical that it may be messed up in some way that may cause problems in the future. I know it has a warranty, etc, but I dont want to inherit a problem child over saving $200. I want to add more ram, hard drive space, will apple do that with a refurb?

appreciate any feedback. I also, dont want anything that is scratched up. I tend to try to keep everything in my studio looking new.. thanks again.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DEXTERITY

I posted this on another forum as well, the more advice the better.

I was considering getting a dual 2.0 G5 with the education discount. however, there seems to be a Rev B refurb 2.0 on apple's site. it is listed at $2099.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL....6.1.5.1.3.5.0

I think it has the Gig E card added as well. the question is, how can something so new be refurbed already? I am a little skeptical that it may be messed up in some way that may cause problems in the future. I know it has a warranty, etc, but I dont want to inherit a problem child over saving $200. I want to add more ram, hard drive space, will apple do that with a refurb?

appreciate any feedback. I also, dont want anything that is scratched up. I tend to try to keep everything in my studio looking new.. thanks again.

Refurbs are great. I strongly reccommend them. All Powermacs have Gigabit Ethernet as well. I've bought refurbs from Apple and in most cases* you would not know it from a brand new machine.

*every case I've seen
  • Reply 2 of 2
    thanks for your feedback, appreciate it.