question about covered iBook logicboard problem

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I think my fiancé's iBook is having the logic board problem that Apple is covering. My question is for those of you that have had it. At any point, is the covered problem intermittent? Her's has exhibited all the listed symptoms in the last couple of days. If I let it sit for awhile it will startup normal and be OK for awhile. After 10 minutes to an hour it will begin with the random screen lines and blank startup screens again. Does this sound consistent with the covered logic board problem?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Yes, the problems are intermittent, which is part of the frustrating thing about this. Sounds like a candidate to me.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    That's exactly it. If I let my iBook rest for a while, it would startup and run for a few minutes before crashing with the crazy lines. Let it rest awhile, and it would boot ok again, but the crash would come sooner. For me the cycle got progressively worse until the iBook just refused to boot at all.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    Thanks for the replies gang. I wanted to be doubly sure before I brought it in. I really don't want to pay a $60 diagnostic fee if it turns out not to be the logic board issue. (Don't worry, I won't blame you guys if it isn't.)
  • Reply 4 of 4
    asaphasaph Posts: 176member
    Happened the same way for me... It just got mailed out today. three weeks and counting without my iBook!