What to do with an old Wallstreet 233

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
So i have had this WS233 sitting around for the last few years after i bought my Ti550. the WS had a screwed up power system or motherboard issue so it shuts off randomly or doesnt come on at all...baiscally, unusable for anything. i wouldnt get anything for it on ebay and it would be ridiculous to send it to apple to get it fixed...so what to do with it? rather than just throw it out is there anyway i could use the screen for something? does anyone know if there is a way to add a connector to the original wires so i could use it as a photo slide frame or something...

what would you do?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    macflymacfly Posts: 256member
    no ideas? someone here must be creative
  • Reply 2 of 6
    I'd use it as ballast in the trash-can... just enough weight to keep the can from blowing away when it's empty. That's about the most useful thing I can think of based on the fact that it doesn't work as a computer

...and that comes from someone who still uses a 266 G3 every day.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    auroraaurora Posts: 1,142member
    Quote:

Originally posted by KingOfSomewhereHot

I'd use it as ballast in the trash-can... just enough weight to keep the can from blowing away when it's empty. That's about the most useful thing I can think of based on the fact that it doesn't work as a computer

...and that comes from someone who still uses a 266 G3 every day.

wow, but i have to agree.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    Actually, I have one that works. What would you do with one that works?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    macflymacfly Posts: 256member
    well, i have to admit that it does sound a tad funny talking about that dinosaur. pains me to think how psyched i was to be the first i knew with a brand spanking new black g3 powerbook. and the almost 3 grand that went into that 2GB, no modem, sleek POS that i loved so long <sniff>

that aside, and the fact the internals are all FUBAR, isnt there something that can be done with that screen? it does work and all joking aside it is a decent screen. anyone know how it could be modified to use in another way?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    I don't know what you could do with it, but I like you, love thinking back to the excitement of a new computer, which now seems so outdated.

I have a question for that: Where can I post in these forums about old macs from the early 90s? I got to play with a couple old macs the other day, and I was going to write a thread about it, but I didn't know which forum to post in. Thanks for the help.