Enter iMAC mockup contest and win

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

this is my last post in future hardware until that damn G5 imac is released. I've never seen people so obsessed over something so pointless. (i'm talking about ALL the imac G5 speculation threads, not just this.)
  • Reply 2 of 8
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Pointless? Most of the fun is guessing. I usually quit posting/reading after its debut. That is when all real whining starts.

That's also when I switch to the "Has anyone received their xxx yet?" Always love to hear how its not fair that someone placed their order first yet aren't getting it first. Oh the joy of it all.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by kcmac

Pointless? Most of the fun is guessing. I usually quit posting/reading after its debut. That is when all real whining starts.

Hmmmm. The whining started weeks ago and reached a fevered pitch after ThinkSecret released their guess at the specs. I've never seen such a group of whiners over something we don't even know what the specs will be... \
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

this is my last post in future hardware until that damn G5 imac is released. I've never seen people so obsessed over something so pointless. (i'm talking about ALL the imac G5 speculation threads, not just this.)

At least it hasn't gotten to the point where we need another temporary insanity forum just for the iMac. I think part of the obsession with guessing is that a lot of folks are pissed about the purported graphics card and nonsense shit like that.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

I've never seen people so obsessed over something so pointless. (i'm talking about ALL the imac G5 speculation threads, not just this.)

Well then you haven't been around AI very long.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by monkeyastronaut

At least it hasn't gotten to the point where we need another temporary insanity forum just for the iMac. I think part of the obsession with guessing is that a lot of folks are pissed about the purported graphics card and nonsense shit like that.

I completely agree. The iMac is so much more than the sum of its parts. It is about how it feels and looks, and maybe... just MAYBE, realize that it is a consumer machine, not a prosumer machine. So many whine about how they can get a top of the line whatever for the same price, or with __________. It is stupid, pointless ranting. I, personally, can not wait to see what Apple has in store for everyone.

BTW, does anyone know if the Philnote is going to be webcast or shown at Apple stores??
  • Reply 7 of 8
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Here's a "right on" guess what the new iMac will look like from Applematters:

P.S. Apple will probably announce keynote broadcast by the end of the week. If not live there will be a Quicktime re-broadcast available by the end of the day most likely.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member

That's a funny drawing!