Will we see any of this stuff by Xmas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Quote:

Originally posted by garyp

Will we see any of this stuff by Xmas?

Neo is hitting the crack pipe hard today. I love it when he says,

"I was a little surprised at how little of the patent the other sites actually reported on."

Well, they reported the news of the patent and the overall gist. They didn't take another hit off the bong and say,

"So with a little perspective and imagination, I thought it deserved a second look."

News sites generally do not inject their own perspective and imagination.
  • Reply 2 of 16
    garypgaryp Posts: 150member
    Obviously, my mention of Xmas was a joke, but I think the guy has a great imagination. There is a big difference between pretty light-up cases & disappearing interfaces.
  • Reply 3 of 16
    I know. It is something of a "dreamers ramblings caught on patent" kinda thing. They have patented lots of stuff, but I'd be surprised by a lot of it.
  • Reply 4 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Rhumgod

I know. It is something of a "dreamers ramblings caught on patent" kinda thing. They have patented lots of stuff, but I'd be surprised by a lot of it.

...so just like he wrights in the article about the other news sites, none of you have actually read the patent?

Your all proving his point.

Sincerly

Zab The Fab
  • Reply 5 of 16
    dcqdcq Posts: 349member
    Um...Dudes?

Interactive logos? Bwaaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaaa!

I couldn't bring myself to read any more on that site after that Disney thing... So I went and skimmed the patent itself.

This is merely an indication that the backlit keyboards in the powerbooks will get a little smarter.

Nothing more to see here. Go back to speculating about portable displays. Much more fruitful...

DCQ
  • Reply 6 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by DCQ

Um...Dudes?

Interactive logos? Bwaaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaaa!

I couldn't bring myself to read any more on that site after that Disney thing... So I went and skimmed the patent itself.

This is merely an indication that the backlit keyboards in the powerbooks will get a little smarter.

Nothing more to see here. Go back to speculating about portable displays. Much more fruitful...

DCQ

Maybe I'm easily excited, but I would love it if keyboard backlighting got smarter.

Hey, here's a thought. You know how they sell color-coded keyboards for such complex apps as Final Cut Pro, so you don't have to memorize all the key commands? What if the keyboard did that for you, based on what application you were using at the time. You would just have semi-transparent keys that changed color when you opened up FCP (or whatever) and changed color to remind you what key commands to use.

Probably not going to happen, but it would be way cool.
  • Reply 7 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Zab The Fab

...so just like he wrights in the article about the other news sites, none of you have actually read the patent?

Your all proving his point.

Sincerly

Zab The Fab

I've certainly read it. And peeked at all those HUGE illustrations. It just seems like his imagination is not newsworthy. That's why other sites reported on it, but didn't do a crack-induced imaginative spin on it.
  • Reply 8 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by glassblowerscat

Hey, here's a thought. You know how they sell color-coded keyboards for such complex apps as Final Cut Pro, so you don't have to memorize all the key commands? What if the keyboard did that for you, based on what application you were using at the time. You would just have semi-transparent keys that changed color when you opened up FCP (or whatever) and changed color to remind you what key commands to use.

This is a FANTASTIC idea!

It's not only perfect for pro apps, but newbies too. Imagine a first boot tutorial where the keys lit up to explain basic keyboard shortcuts and Expose.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    ~ufo~~ufo~ Posts: 245member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

This is a FANTASTIC idea!

It's not only perfect for pro apps, but newbies too. Imagine a first boot tutorial where the keys lit up to explain basic keyboard shortcuts and Expose.

good idea indeed....

I trust Apple will implement it better than the music keyboards and guitars w/ "LED utilising tutorial interfaces"
  • Reply 10 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by ~ufo~

good idea indeed....

I trust Apple will implement it better than the music keyboards and guitars w/ "LED utilising tutorial interfaces"

The new Apple Pro Keyboard ®

• Reply 11 of 16
    Quote:

The new Apple Pro Keyboard ®

Looks like the Barbie Newton.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    ill take the new g5 iMac with the chamealeon material to project christina aguliera on my comp please.
  • Reply 13 of 16
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    No way!

Barbie's got an Airport antenna in her head!
  • Reply 14 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiah

No way!

Barbie's got an Airport antenna in her head!

and a G5 chip somewhere else...
  • Reply 15 of 16
    Quote:

Originally posted by ineedag5pbnow

ill take the new g5 iMac with the chamealeon material to project christina aguliera on my comp please.

Yeah, and a simple Applescript will make her dance.
  • Reply 16 of 16
    Quote:

Yeah, and a simple Applescript will make her dance.

and get dirrty...