AppleCare

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Is AppleCare Protection Plan really neccessary? I'm looking to buy a PowerBook, but is it really neccessary? I've had a PowerMac but I never saw the need for APP.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    Is there a need for Applecare?

Do not buy it if you dare,

For machines that are portable it is a must,

But for desktops it is a bust!

• Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by jwri004

Is there a need for Applecare?

Do not buy it if you dare,

For machines that are portable it is a must,

But for desktops it is a bust!

Cool rhyming, dude!
  • Reply 3 of 7
    jwri004jwri004 Posts: 626member
    I think I will have to stop - it hurts my head, and my "creativeness" has been pushed to its limit!

Applecare can be bought anytime within the first year of ownership so it is a chose you can make further down the line.

There are also specials that sometimes roll around from third party providers saving you money. Most people assume you also have to buy the machine at the same time, but most times not.

As my prose above stated, Applecare is almost a must for laptops. I personally have used it twice, though admittedly both were within the one year period, but the cost of fixing laptops is prohibitive to say the least.

• Reply 4 of 7
    Thanks, jwri004.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Got another question for y'all. If I get APP for a PowerBook and I choose to sell this PB a year later and get another PB, will I be able to use the APP for the latter, and, say, APP's still got 2 years left in it? Or do I have to get a new APP for the new PB? Thanks in advance.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jiminy C.

Got another question for y'all. If I get APP for a PowerBook and I choose to sell this PB and get another PB, will I be able to use the APP for the latter?

Nope, but you can transfer it to the first PB's new owner, thereby making it worth more.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    ic1maleic1male Posts: 121member
    Ah. Well I didn't know that you could purchase AppleCare later. That would save me 199 notes on a G5. Thanks.