tablet rumors

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
From the expo site:

We will showcase several practical Healthcare solutions running under Mac_OS_X including medical image compression and a new bio medical application that will revolutionise the way diagnostics will be done in the future. Mac_OS_X brings many new and exciting solutions to Healthcare professionals and Apple Expo is a great opportunity to see some of them at work.

Anyone think this suggests the introduction of the rumored tablet? I think it would be perfeect for health care professionals. I also thought the language "under Mac OS X", as opposed to "on MacOSX", was interesting, possibly suggesting an OSXlite for the tablet.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Yeah, I'm a big tablet supporter. But I think it won't be a tablet as in tabletPCs. It will be a desktop mirror or something like that.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    First time post as a new thread and no link?

Who is "we"?

What's up with the underscores in Mac_OS_X?

How do you get from healthcare solutions to tablet?
  • Reply 3 of 9
    I don't know of any Apple software designed for healthcare pros. If apple says it'll "revolutionize" the way diagnostics are done, I think it must be something fairly significant, even given its tendency to over-hype its products. Am I completely wrong? Does Apple traditionally market to health care? Do you know of Apple health care apps? It seems like a natural fit. http://www.apple-expo.com/uk/conferences_apple/
  • Reply 4 of 9
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

First time post as a new thread and no link?

Linky

Quote:

Who is "we"?

Speaker:

Dominique Halatre - Business Development Manager, SMB France, Apple

Quote:

What's up with the underscores in Mac_OS_X?

Who gives a shit.

Quote:

How do you get from healthcare solutions to tablet?

Imaging, my friend. No more x-rays. Computerized Radiography. Where I work, we are looking at several solutions to help docs and xray techs better handle filmless imaging. I am VERY interested in this.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Computerized x-rays are old hat, been around several years along with bone scans, MRIs etc.

What is still developing is coordination of data, films, and various units, like hospitals connected to Dr.'s offices. There are hospitals where a Dr walks in, keys in his PIN and has all reports on his patients downloaded into his Palm, but that is several years old also.

Maybe it's a system for docs that is free of any virus . . .
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by kenaustus

Computerized x-rays are old hat, been around several years along with bone scans, MRIs etc.

The last MRI I had was done with a Windows 98 box. Damn thing locked up 14 minutes into the scan.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ThinkingDifferent

The last MRI I had was done with a Windows 98 box. Damn thing locked up 14 minutes into the scan.

A good thing it was only 14 minutes into it. Those things can take hours. I know. Both my parents have/had cancer and have gone through dozens of them. It's hell for someone claustrophobic. In any event, coordination of the data is a big thing, but it depends on the stability of the interfaces you are dealing with. I can tell horror stories on the matter but that is neither here nor there.

Let's face it though, medical systems are behind the times. Probably for good reason with all the HIPAA and JCAHO standards we have to live by. Hospitals have been typically not huge money-making machines either....
  • Reply 8 of 9
    call me crazy, but

"You?ve asked us for the same award-winning sketching and drawing software previously only available for the Tablet PC and Windows® based digitized tablets. Now, for its second major release, it?s our pleasure to deliver Alias SketchBook? Pro v1.1 for Windows and Mac OS® X!"

http://www.alias.com/eng/products-se...ac_users.shtml
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Hmmm. Adds fuel to the fire.

I think it's always a possibility. The expo adds are very intriguing.