Entourage 2004 compared to v.X

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I recently upgraded to Office 2004 and have lost my ability to check my work emails on my exchange server. I used to have limited ability to read and send emails (I presume using IMAP), but I didn't do anything specifically to set it up except put in the exchange server name, my username or password.

When I upgraded, my exchange settings were supposed to be carried over. The account and settings were there, but it would not show any messages.

Does Exchange 2004 remove features which were present in v.X? Am I missing a setting? Should I try and set it up as a straight IMAP account.

I plan to speak to my work's computer tech guy about setting up Outlook Web Access. What versions of Exchange have this feature?

thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    adamradamr Posts: 72member
    I have decided to give Outlook 2001 a go in classic, but I would love it if someone could come up with an answer to my Entourage question if that would be a better solution.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    dobbydobby Posts: 797member
    Quote:

Originally posted by adamr

I plan to speak to my work's computer tech guy about setting up Outlook Web Access. What versions of Exchange have this feature?

thanks

Exchange 5.5 onwards has ok web access. Exchange 2003 web access looks just like outlook 2001 but all the features are there (meetings other calendar crap).

I was going use Office 2004 for mac but now I will just give everyone remote access (including pc users) and have already released openoffice for PC. I'm waiting for a descent openoffice port for the mac (Way too slow with X11).

Dobby.