But why doesnt´Apple do something ?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
The question seem stupid, but remember in the days before iMac 2g came out. "This one is big" or something like that if I recall.

I mean, Apple wants to make a splash ? . . .yes . . . . .. no . . . . . . . ?

I would expect ( in norway only 8 hours before the keynote ) that Apple would show something cool on their frontpage . . . .

strange strange strange

hmmm

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Why the heck would they provide info on a product that hasn't been released?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    I agree.. I wish they would release the info already...

But I think they want to surprise who ever shows up to the Paris event. Incentive to get people to go to those things.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by zenarcade

I would expect ( in norway only 8 hours before the keynote ) that Apple would show something cool on their frontpage . . . .

It's 8 hours before the keynote everywhere.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    The have done something - they advised in June that the new iMac would be delayed until September and they said it would be a G5. That's enough for everyone to know that:

it is something big

it will be a new form factor

it will cause the boards to go wild until the Paris Keynote shows it

Can you think of any other computer that has generated this much excitement, user designs (some of which are exceptionally good) and this big of a group that will give up sleep in order to see it first when it's put up on apple.com?

I'm guessing that the first 2 - 3 months production capacity will be sold out with the week.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    I think they learned their lesson with the "Way beyond the rumour sites, way beyond" let down that this time they'll let the hardware speak for itself.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ensign Pulver

It's 8 hours before the keynote everywhere.

Are you sure?
  • Reply 7 of 7
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Yup; About 8 hours until the Keynote begins but probably another hour or so until the new iMac is unveiled.