Radeon 9000 vs Gf4 Ti - in 2D!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I'm interested to know if anyone can attest to differences between the 2D quality on the Radeon 9000 Pro and the GeForce4 Ti.

2D quality, clarity, sharpness is important to me for my work (web and graphic design) but I also like to play a few games now and then . . . =)

I was all set to go for the GeForce when I order my new machine - but then I read a review of it saying that 2d was a little less clear than on some of the Ati cards . . .

I'm wondering how big of a difference it is . . .

If it's negligable - then heck, I'll get the monsterbeastfromheck GeForce4 Ti.

But if there is a noticable clarity difference - even PROBLEM - then the extra gaming boost wouldn't be worth it to me . . .

Enough blah blah?

Any experience on this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I'm going to move this one to Current Hardware...
  • Reply 2 of 5
    -@--@- Posts: 39member
    [quote]Originally posted by cinder:

<strong>I'm interested to know if anyone can attest to differences between the 2D quality on the Radeon 9000 Pro and the GeForce4 Ti.

2D quality, clarity, sharpness is important to me for my work (web and graphic design) but I also like to play a few games now and then . . . =)

I was all set to go for the GeForce when I order my new machine - but then I read a review of it saying that 2d was a little less clear than on some of the Ati cards . . .

I'm wondering how big of a difference it is . . .

If it's negligable - then heck, I'll get the monsterbeastfromheck GeForce4 Ti.

But if there is a noticable clarity difference - even PROBLEM - then the extra gaming boost wouldn't be worth it to me . . .

Enough blah blah?

Any experience on this?</strong><hr></blockquote>

You dont have a LCD screen

You dont use the cabeles that came with your monitor

If both statemens are correct go for the 9000, if one of them dont fit then the Ti.

About 2D quality GF4 vs. Radeon vs. Matrox.

<a href="http://www.tech-report.com/onearticle.x/3747"; target="_blank">http://www.tech-report.com/onearticle.x/3747</a>;

No Ati 9000 though.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    cindercinder Posts: 381member
    I have a CRT.

I use the cable it came with - but I can switch . . .

so cables that come with monitors are low quality?

Interesting!

Recommendations for a good VGA cable, then?

and I can't read German

=(
  • Reply 4 of 5
    -@--@- Posts: 39member
    [quote]Originally posted by cinder:

<strong>I have a CRT.

so cables that come with monitors are low quality?

Interesting!

=(</strong><hr></blockquote>

I don?t think they are low quality, they are just not über quality. You need a über quality monitor to go with the cable.

The BNC Bargo cable should be a good one, if it true I don?t know. I don?t have a clue where you buy one.

I use a GeForce card and the cables my Sony monitor came with, and I honestly don?t care if ATi has 0.1% better 2D quality or not.

But is really out there to discuss 2D quality, you have to have a fantastic monitor and cables to go with the monitor, and then maybe you would be able to tell a slight difference, imo.

But there are plenty of people who think they can tell the difference on cheaper monitors at low resolutions (below 1600x1200).

Why not try the nvidia card, if you can?t stand it, return it.

I have had plenty of video cards for my pc, I thought there were a difference in 2D once, then I had to change a new one with one of my old ones, and there where exactly no difference ? since then I haven?t given much thought about 2D, it?s the year 2002, I think 2D is pretty much taken care of, what more can be done?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    [quote]Originally posted by -@-:

<strong>

...über</strong><hr></blockquote>

Oh ****.