Automator (Expo Build)

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Wow...the interface looks much more refined now.

A source list of all the applications are on the far left. Clicking on the app shows the available actions in a column next to the source list. The description is in the bottom left, and the visual scripting happens in the right pane (this isn't new though )

edit: AND HOLY SHIT...SPOTLIGHT IN THE OPEN/SAVE DIALOGS!!!!!!!!!!!! Saw it in the keynote. I'll be using that with my emulators.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Cool I'll have to watch the stream again tonight when I have more time. I'm looking forward to more enhancements to the Open/Save dialog boxes.

When Tiger actually ships I expect it to be much smoother and fluid than the PR..just like the first OSX Dock was crude and evolved into a better looking product I'm sure Tiger's rough edges will be smoothed out. Looking forward to seeing this in the stream.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/tiger/automator.html

You can see the "views" button. It looks like you have the option of the vertical columns or the square buttons. Either way is fine as some prefer to see more info. The Spotlight stuff is new that's for sure.