Moved to GB - airport reception

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I ve got the airport base station and card on my 15" iMac running quite well in 10.1.5

I have installed 10.2 last week, over the week I find sth strange about it:

1) sometimes reception indicator shows 2 out of 4 in the airport status, but there was no connection to the internet, i.e. couldn't load anything at all;

2) when i click the airport status on the menu bar, two different pull down menu may appear, the old one with 10.1.5, or the new one (may be an upgrade with 10.2) which got option to show connection time, the problem is, sometimes the old one and sometimes the new one,

3) when i click 'open internet connection' in the pull down menu (both the old and new ones), the menu bar turns to internet connection, but the window does not pop out, I have to go the 'File' and click 'new connection window'.

1) may be interference ; 2) I couldnt figure it out; 3) feature of 10.2?

any ideas?

i dont know how to post pic here, otherwise could post the screen captured to show 2) above

thanks

[ 09-09-2002: Message edited by: murbot ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    firehcfirehc Posts: 368member
    try this link

<a href="http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/fire_hc/Ist?.dir=/mac"; target="_blank">web page</a>
  • Reply 2 of 5
    firehcfirehc Posts: 368member
    sorry that doesnt work
  • Reply 3 of 5
    my reception is pretty good, but when i do get to a place where i'm down to 2 bars i get a similiar/same problem...

It shoes a connection, and 2 bars, but when i try to load something from the internet it seems to hang.... i'm too impatient to wait more than about 30 seconds, but as soon as i get a better signal (3 bars or better), I'm back to instantaneous downloads.

I do get the impression though, that the page would never load at the 2 bar signal strength...
  • Reply 4 of 5
    g-newsg-news Posts: 1,107member
    Sounds like you should have opted for a clean install of 10.2 to me
  • Reply 5 of 5
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Moved to Genius Bar. Click <a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=001731"; target="_blank">here</a> to see the new thread.