Problem with the CD drive after sleep mode

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I have a 867 MHz Dual G4, DDR (Mirrored drive doors), with Panther (10.3.5) and a full Gig of ram.

After putting the computer to sleep mode, I can't open my CD drive door anymore ! Pressing the CD button on the right of the keyboard gives the big white "open" symbol on the screen, but the door doesn't open at all. I have to restart the computer to make it to work. I never experienced this problem with Panther 10.3.3, or any other version before it, and it only occurs after I have placed the computer in the sleep mode.

Also, I can't burn any CD with Panther (before or after the sleep mode) ! I'm able to burn if I restart with Jaguar (from another partition), so the drive itself is fine. But in Panther, each time I try to burn some CD, I get stupid error messages saying there was some unknown error and the CD cannot be used. In Jag, the same CD can be burned without any trouble.

Someone else had those problems ? Any idea ?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    I have a similar problem on my dual 867 MDD. It seemed to start when I swapped out the original A04 (I think) superdrive for a 106. I haven't noticed any problems with burning, but I have the same problem with ejecting, and sometimes the finder crashes when I try to eject. I just bought a new 200GB Hard Drive and I'm ready to do a clen install. Sorry I don't have any answers for you.