atm mac

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hi,

I was thinking about a mac atm. it would be a regular mac screen with a keyboard and mouse and a internet connection, a cd burner with blank cds stored in the atm. But to get on it you would need special card (it would come with .mac). you would put the card in and type a password. the card would have a unique serial code magnetically embedded into the card. it would let you access anything you choose to be accessible via the atm mac. you could change what you could access via your home computer. the access wouldn't be just for files but for apps, too.

let me give you a scenario:

on the monday morning I have you give my boss a plan which i stored on my e-mail account. so i was planing to use my pc at work to access my .mac e-mail. I go to work and i find that there is a sticky note on my pc saying "out of order". I thank my self for letting my mac atm card access my e-mail! I walk across the street to the mac atm and put in my atm card and password and i save the file from my e-mail to a cd. then i give my boss the cd.

so, how do you like it?

here are some pics:

sorry, psd files! \

images

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Reminds me of what SUN is doing with there SUN-Ray thin clients, you plop your Java card into it and it connects to the server specified in the card and safely accesses the files or aplications that are yours no matter wich internet connected SUN-Ray you are using on the globe.

Quite neat actually.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by Agent Macintosh

Hi,

I was thinking about a mac atm. it would be a regular mac screen with a keyboard and mouse and a internet connection, a cd burner with blank cds stored in the atm. But to get on it you would need special card (it would come with .mac). you would put the card in and type a password. the card would have a unique serial code magnetically embedded into the card. it would let you access anything you choose to be accessible via the atm mac. you could change what you could access via your home computer. the access wouldn't be just for files but for apps, too.

let me give you a scenario:

on the monday morning I have you give my boss a plan which i stored on my e-mail account. so i was planing to use my pc at work to access my .mac e-mail. I go to work and i find that there is a sticky note on my pc saying "out of order". I thank my self for letting my mac atm card access my e-mail! I walk across the street to the mac atm and put in my atm card and password and i save the file from my e-mail to a cd. then i give my boss the cd.

so, how do you like it?

here are some pics:

sorry, psd files! \

images

automatic teller machine? what does that have to do with a thin client model for computing? Even a thin client model with home-on-a-card?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Can someone convert the pictures?