monitors

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
can any body sugest a crt or lcd monitor that will support high resultions using mac's 1600*1200 would be high enugh. cos i carnt find shit, any reason why or just me.

p.s carnt afford the apple lcd's

edit: or anybody sugest say what there using. my funds have just arrived "from am ingury claim". i am going to be connecting it to a 9800xt or a 6800ultra

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    If you can't afford the Apple screen, buy a CRT screen like the Mitsubishi diamondtron 22 inch, or the Sony huge screen.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    thanks ill look inot it can anybody suggest anything else im still open to suggestions
  • Reply 3 of 8
    I would suggest the dell 20 inch LCD for $809 when on slae or $899 when not on sale. I just ordered one and will get t this week. this ultrasharp has 16 ms response time for gaming and video and a more square display which is nice for reading and page display. unless you live in Texas you should be able to get it with no taxes or shipping fees. good luck
  • Reply 4 of 8
    thanks i live in the uk though is shipping still aviable what model are u refering to
  • Reply 5 of 8
    here is a copy of the order

UltraSharp 2001FP 20.1-inch Flat Panel LCD Monitor with Height Adjustable Stand

Qty: 1

Unit Price: $899.00

Dell Home Customers: Save 10% off Monitors!

Expires on 2004-09-09 05:59:59

- $89.90

ADDITIONAL DISCOUNTS AND COUPONS

Dell Home Customers: Get free Ground (3-5) day shipping on Electronics and Accessories orders greater than $99!

Expires on 2004-09-29 23:59:59

- $33.00

Sub-Total

$809.10

Shipping Discount

-$33.00

Shipping

$0.00

Tax

$0.00

Total

$809.10

Dell Home Systems collects tax on orders delivered to Texas, Kentucky, Idaho, Nevada, North Carolina, Tennessee, Ohio, Virginia, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Missouri, California and Florida. For shipments to other states, tax relates to the third party service contract only.

good luck www.dell.com
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Good 1600x1200: hp 20" L2035 http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/m...tft/l2035.html

Better: 1920x1200: hp 23" L2335 http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/m...tft/l2335.html

I actually own a L2335, absolutely gorgeous. They are aequivalent to Apple 23" but have more options (not only DVI but VGA, S-Video etc. PiP ... what ever you want)
  • Reply 7 of 8
    im sorry for not saying this before but i have a limt of about 250 pounds + shipping sorry but thank you for your ideas so far

Does anybody think it is stupid that apple dont produce cheapish lcd monitors for the non lottry winners of us? they are missing out on a market share of medium end users
  • Reply 8 of 8
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    Quote:

Originally posted by islab

Does anybody think it is stupid that apple dont produce cheapish lcd monitors for the non lottry winners of us? they are missing out on a market share of medium end users

Apple's low-end (eMac) and medium-end (iMac) desktops already come with monitors - built-in, in fact. Apple's LCDs are intended as accessories for PowerMacG5s and PowerBooks; high-end monitors for high-end systems. C'est la vie. That's what third-parties are for. I like Samsung's mid-range screens. I almost picked up a 712N (17", bright, fast refresh) for $450 before I decided to spend the money on food instead.

Edit: Nevermind the 712N, a 17" LCD won't do 1600x1200 . If you need that high a resolution on the cheap, CRT is your only bet.