Mac OS 10.3 on G4 733

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I recently loaded os 10.3 on my g4 733. I have been having problmes with the sound. It will ocassionaly not work. I have go into system pref. and made sure it was un muted. There is nothing pluged into the head phones jack. The volume is turned up all the way. When I look at the out put under sound, it says headphones, not built in speakers. But there is nothing pluged in. One time i unpluged every cord, power and all, and put the cords back in, and restarted. That worked. But this time it isn't HELP!!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Ok, I have figured out it is just the DVD player that does not play sound. PLZ HELP!!!!!!
  • Reply 2 of 4
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:

Originally posted by genX

Ok, I have figured out it is just the DVD player that does not play sound. PLZ HELP!!!!!!

Check the DVD software preferences...
  • Reply 3 of 4
    genxgenx Posts: 15member
    I did that already. I actualy came to the conculsion, i was wrong. The entire computer is not working.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    genxgenx Posts: 15member
    I repared permissions that seemed to work. Seems to work for alot of problems. If you dont know how to do that this is how. . .

Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility

Then Click on the Hard Drive, the one highlighting how many GB you have, then click Repair Permissions.

any other questions, im me at genXdesigner on aim