airport questions

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
hi, i own a g4 i-book with airport extreme installed...

sometime, on some networks, not all of them, when i try to connect, it appears to be connected, but the signal level is not continiouss...i mean, for a short period of time i have signal, and for another short period i haven't...why is this???? i also would like to know how to put the card into monitoring modeeeeee...because every app i download support this only for the airport, not airport extreme

other problem is that i would like to make it work under linux, but i've noticed that the drivers aren't available for linuxx...is this trueee?? can't i make it work with other driverss??

thanks!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Quote:

Originally posted by basurita20

hi, i own a g4 i-book with airport extreme installed...

sometime, on some networks, not all of them, when i try to connect, it appears to be connected, but the signal level is not continiouss...i mean, for a short period of time i have signal, and for another short period i haven't...why is this???? i also would like to know how to put the card into monitoring modeeeeee...because every app i download support this only for the airport, not airport extreme

other problem is that i would like to make it work under linux, but i've noticed that the drivers aren't available for linuxx...is this trueee?? can't i make it work with other driverss??

thanks!!

Have you installed the latest update? I was getting some drop outs and that seemed to help.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    yes,i have the latest update of the airport and osx...
  • Reply 3 of 3
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    When you say some networks what does that mean? Where are you getting your connections from?

If you aim your iBook in different directions when you start to notice problems does this help?

Since you can connect I am guessing that the antenna connection on your card is firmly attached.