1.25s are shipping

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
MacRumors and MacMall are reporting that the 1.25 ghz PowerMacs are shipping. Apple has not updated the shipping time on their site. Should not be long till we see if the new rev got any serious bump in performance on the review sites.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    I'll believe it when I see it. I'll bet even money nobody gets one before October. When you think about all the back orders that must be in a huge cue for that model, it's likely that the cue won't be exhausted before the end of October.

I'm certainly not going to order one until they offer a free copy of Final Cut Pro 3.0.2 and DVD Studio Pro 1.5 with it. Better still Â?Â*Logic Platinum for OS X. As owner of those packages, Apple will definitly make those offers following the inagural InDesign 2 offer begun last week.

It's only a matter of time before that happens. And that will be AFTER the cue is over and inventory starts to build as we approach MacWorld San Francisco 2003.

Congratulations all you earliest adopters!

[ 09-18-2002: Message edited by: Multimedia ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by Multimedia:

<strong>I'll believe it when I see it. I'll bet even money nobody gets one before October. When you think about all the back orders that must be in a huge cue for that model, it's likely that the cue won't be exhausted before the end of October.</strong><hr></blockquote>

It's listed as "now shipping" along with the other two models at apple.com
  • Reply 3 of 9
    If you build a standard config 1.25 GHz machine, the estimated ship date is 1-2 days.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    as I stated above they have a review of it here<a href="http://www.macworld.com/2002/12/features/benchmark.html"; target="_blank">MacWorld Review</a>
  • Reply 5 of 9
    I think everyone should wait until 2003 to get a powermac. New hardware will be released. I know I'm waiting.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    After Effects on that 1.25Ghz One-eyed Mike (tm) is 25% faster than the Dual Gig SlowSilver(tm) while rendering in Cinema is only 11% faster.

For $5100 CDN. Not worth it.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    I recieved an e-mail confirming mine was shipped yesterday.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by AVALONdesign:

<strong>I recieved an e-mail confirming mine was shipped yesterday.</strong><hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 9 of 9
    My 1.25 is on a truck coming out of Sacramento. Estimated delivery is on Sept. 21.