hard drive problems?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
ok, so i noticed my PB made funny hard drive noises while in use, but i ignored it since it wasn't that loud and thought i was just finally noticing it and it was always there or something. anyhoo, today when i tried to get my PB out of its screensaver and to log back in, it took forever. i ended up taking out the AC adapter and pulling out the battery. when i tried booting up, it took about 15 minutes, but eventually booted up "normal" despite the buzzing noises coming from the PB. when finally booted up, the powerbook does seem to work somewhat normally, but seems to freeze alot and i get the "beach ball"

anyone have this sort of problem? i'm afraid it's an issue that only Apple can fix with a new hard drive

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    It sounds like it's a defective Hard Drive. The noises were probably the ball bearings in the HD. My suggestion would be to call Apple and get it repaired under warranty. Before you do make sure you get all the data you can off the hard drive and hope you get everything backed up if it does fail on you. Make sure you have backups of all programs too, if not you will be out of luck (unless you know someone.....)