Oprah gives away 279 cars

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Oprah Winfrey gave every member of her studio audience a new Pontiac Monday.

Love her or hate her (and I find her a little too "More evolved than thou" sometimes,) that was a pretty damn cool thing to do.

J

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I walked in from work as my fiancee was watching this (she has recently come out with the fact that she watches Opera, it used to be a hidden thing.)

There was this homeless girl they were talking about and they had Tyra Banks give her a makeover. It was the most surreal thing I have ever seen in my life, this girl had a story about trying to work her way through school, the first female in her family's history to graduate high school, living on the streets and they were doing this "queen for a day" makeover. I didn't know they were going to do the scholarship thing (I had missed the car thing) so I was aghast, my mouth was literally wide open and my mind racing trying to calculate how far down the tubes society had gone when we watched homeless people get dressed up for a day and then turned back to the street by a billionaire host and her multi-millionaire guest.

Then SBC gave her a full scholarship (tuition, board, the works) to any school she wanted. Then I felt better.