My display makes me uneasy

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
This might sound stupid to some of you but MY 23 HD cinema display is just too big.

I have a G4 15 Powerbook and I sometimes need to run my EXTREMELY large second display but most of the time it just sits there really BIG and it worries me.

My question is can I put just that display to sleep or do I have to unplug it to get some rest.

SCARED....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    ionyzionyz Posts: 491member
    A 23" HD display is nothing to be afraid of. Now if it were a 23" CRT that would be scary cause if it tips your a gonner.

Sleep on those large monitors use 3W of power, its up to you.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    If it will help you out, I have a 15" I can trade.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    And I have a 19" Samsung I would gladly trade. Come to think of it, I could trade both the 19" and the 17"
  • Reply 4 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dr Deep

... just too big. ...EXTREMELY large...it just sits there really BIG and it worries me.

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" -Sigmund Freud
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Thanks guys, but i will not be down grading my beautiful Flat Panel. I just want to know how to get one display to sleep while the other stays on.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dr Deep

Thanks guys, but i will not be down grading my beautiful Flat Panel. I just want to know how to get one display to sleep while the other stays on.

Doesn't the Powerbook offer the option to turn off the external display like all PC based laptops do? I would take a wild guess to look under displays, but I don't know.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    hahahahahahahahahaha serves you right Mr Extravagant!!!!!
  • Reply 8 of 13
    can't you just turn the power off to it?
  • Reply 9 of 13
    you should give the 23inch screen to a mate who has a g5 ...but no monitor (thinks)Now where would you find someone like that?

iDunno
  • Reply 10 of 13
    Thats a good idea Les but iI have stopped reading your posts. Therefor I have not seen your idea, Hence I will keep my stupidly BIG SCREEN.

Still waiting for a reply that helps instead of "I'll swap you for it, he he he" or "Give it to me, ha ha ha".

Don't make me go and ask advise from my apple center please, There must be away to put it to sleep. Pulling the power out is an option but a real pain in the ass.

Come on genius rear your ugly head, and spew forth my answer. "Please"
  • Reply 11 of 13
    I have the same problem with mine, all you have to do is unplug it from your PowerBook and it will stay powered on but sleep like you want it to, then when you have to use it just plug it back into the back of the PowerBook. I do this all the time since I only use it a couple times a week and also take the PowerBook alot of places so it makes it alot easier. You can even just pull it out of the port just a little bit so that it sleeps since its no longer connected and when needed just push it back in a little and it will wake up and work like a charm. Hope this helps you out.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Just touch the power button on the side of the display...That will turn it off...I don't ever do that to mine, but it works...
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Touching the power button puts my whole computer to sleep not just the Display.

But thanks any way.