1.25 PB Processor

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi,

How much of a difference is there between 1.25 GHz and 1.5 GHz in a 15" PB if the PB has 1 GB of RAM? Also, this computer with 1.25 GHz has a Radeon 9600 Graphics card. Is there a big difference between the current 9700 and the 9600? Thank you so much for your help. I currently use a PC and am considering purchasing a PB.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:

Originally posted by JarinS1

Hi,

How much of a difference is there between 1.25 GHz and 1.5 GHz in a 15" PB if the PB has 1 GB of RAM? Also, this computer with 1.25 GHz has a Radeon 9600 Graphics card. Is there a big difference between the current 9700 and the 9600? Thank you so much for your help. I currently use a PC and am considering purchasing a PB.

I have a 1.25GHz PowerBook, and I'm really satisfied with it! I dont think the difference between the 1.25 and 1.5 is too big (about 20% difference in raw MHz speed, a bit less accual speed imrovement). And as far as I know, the bus and memory are the same. Someone with more accurate knowledge might correct me here.

However, the graphics card are much more different. the 9700 has twice the memory (You should really opt for the 128MB BTO option, especially based on its price. only adds about 40 dollars or so), and I think its clocked faster as well. Placing them side by side in a graphics intensive game, I honestly believe you will notice the difference.

As far as I know, Screen resolution is the same as well, 1280x854 which is perfect for a 15" screen in my oppinion. Any higher, and things starts to become too small!

.:BoeManE:.