G5 from Apple vs. MacMall (etc.)?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I saw the thread on the delays with the 2.5GHz G5 and I wondered if anyone knows how much of a difference I can expect if I purchased a G5 from another dealer. Im planning on buying a 2.5GHz G5 this month and if the time delay between Apple shipping and MacMall shipping isnt much Id like to take advantage of the free ram offer MacMall has.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Sales tax would be the biggest difference, I'd guess.

I'm buying a G5 soon too and I'm getting it from PowerMax.

I've bought from them before.

Great customer service, fast shipping and no sales tax.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Well, Amazon has a $150 rebate on PowerMac 2.0/2.5 Ghz machines now, along with no tax. There's $45 for shipping, but the rebate and low cost is a good selling point.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by inaka

Well, Amazon has a $150 rebate on PowerMac 2.0/2.5 Ghz machines now, along with no tax. There's $45 for shipping, but the rebate and low cost is a good selling point.

I ended up ordering from Apple because I didnt see an option to order the 6800 on the other vendors sites.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by EpyonXero

I ended up ordering from Apple because I didnt see an option to order the 6800 on the other vendors sites.

Oooh, you're going to regret buying the 6800. If you think the G5 DP2.5 was delayed, you haven't even seen the 6800 delay yet. You'll be lucky to receive a 6800 by November. I'm glad I stayed with the Radeon 9800 on my DP2.5! I'll upgrade in a year or more.