Mac Magazines

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
What is the best magazine for apples? I was thinking of subscribing to either MacWorld of Macaddict. Please post which you think would be the best for a future apple owner (I will get the next powerbook). Thanks for your opinions.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Well- I've had a subscription to MacWorld for almost 4 years now. While it was a good magazine for starting out with the mac by reviewing new products and stuff and offering some tips and tricks I think that I've sort of out grown it.

I'm looking at picking up a subscription to MacDesign to help me more with work with media and stuff (more tutorials and less product reviews).

Hope this helps

-taco
  • Reply 2 of 8
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I like the enormous number of reviews in Macworld, but if you're looking for a more joking magazine, MacAddict is good.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    I like iCreate for the useful tutorials. It is expensive and hard to find, though.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    The two best are Macworld UK and Macformat UK. Get them at Barnes and Noble. Much much better than the Macworld flier that the US puts out.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

MacWorld US has been utter shit ever since they killed off Mac User US.

Better just getting your Mac news online.

Or get a foreign mag. The UK mags are not bad but you should see the German and French mags! They're awesome.

I didn't care for MacUser. In fact, the post merger Macworld was basically MacUser. The unfunny Inatkho got the backpage for example, which had previously been occupied by Pogue and Kawasaki.

The biggest casualty of the merger was Ziff-Davis' MacWeek.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    I used to look forward to my MacWeek and I still miss it. I was digging through some stuff last week and found the last MacWeek along with a few emediaweeklys.

As far as the question at hand, I think MacWorld is good for someone just getting a Mac. Otherwise, the online resources are more valuable unless you want one of the more specialized mags mentioned above.