Buying a G5 through eBay......

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Anything I should watch out for or be careful of while doing this?

Thank you,

Scott.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dante

Anything I should watch out for or be careful of while doing this?

Be very, very careful.

Many of the G5 (and other big ticket items) on eBay are fraudulent. Check the sellers feedback rating. Don't just make sure they have no negative feedback, but go an look at the other items they've been selling. If the G5 doesn't fit the pattern of sales, it's probably a hijacked account.

Send a question to the seller and see how they respond. If they're using a Hotmail or Yahoo e-mail address, ask for a "real" address you can verify. Ask for their home address and verify that they live there using a phone book. Check the phone number in the phone book and call them to see if it's the same person you're e-mailing.

At the most fundamental level - If the deal sounds too good to be true - it almost certainly is!

I've successfully purchased some very expensive items on eBay, but in the process, I've come across a lot of people who want to rip you off.

Be wise, and be careful.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    I was checking out G5's on eBay and one seller had awesome feedback, but thought I would e-mail him a question. He e-mailed back saying he had no idea what I was talking about.

A fraudster was using his profile to sell fake G5's. So be very careful. I usually steer very clear of spending large sums of money on eBay.

iDunno