Has anyone ordered the NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL? If so, when is your ship date?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
basically I am wondering if anyone has ordered the NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL and when their estimated shipping date is?

I ordered one with a new dual 2 g5 on the 18th of August, and my shipping date is still showing 'Late October'. I am considering changing the card to the ATI Radeon 9800 XT just to get the computer sooner (as I really need it for school)

It would primarily be for Maya.

Is anyone running Maya on this card, and what do they think?

iDunno

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    If you do not need the 30" display, I do not see how there would be much difference at all when using Maya.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    I ordered mine with a G5 dual 2.5 the first week of August. My ship date currently is on or before 10/22.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    If the X800 comes out before the 6800, and has an ADC port, I am SOLD. Really, I don't care much about the DLL stuff - I just want a fast Apple-compatible card.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    I ordered a dual 2.5 in July with the 6800. the ship dates are 10/7 for the computer and 10/25 for the nVidea 6800. the G5 shipped 9/23 ahead of their estimate but no way to tell about the 6800 wwhen it will ship. I plan to do some video editing with 2 monitors so I went for the stae of the art otherwise I psobably would have been happy with the 9800. I have the nVidea 5200 in my G5 dual 1.8 at the ofice and it is a dog with fleas. good luck
  • Reply 5 of 9
    I ordered mine on July 13th (dual 2.5ghz/4GB ram/2x250GB SATA/BT/AE/6800) and I was told about 2 weeks ago that it will ship "on or before Oct 8th" . I was also told (by phone) that this date would not slip again - this is the 3rd slip already.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    My 30" display and 6800 are, as of today, still scheduled for this Thursday, 09/30. ....... My G5 was ordered seperate. It is going to be a long time between now and Thursday!
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1douglask

My 30" display and 6800 are, as of today, still scheduled for this Thursday, 09/30. ....... My G5 was ordered seperate. It is going to be a long time between now and Thursday!

You seriously have to keep us updated on it's process. I will be very surprised to hear if you get it.

iDunno
  • Reply 8 of 9
    I ordered a 2.5 w/ the 6800 on 9/21 and my date is October 29th.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by iDunno

You seriously have to keep us updated on it's process. I will be very surprised to hear if you get it.

iDunno

Another day passes and YES, my 30" and 6800 are STILL scheduled for the day after tomorrow, Thursday, 9/30!

I get a FedEx number Thursday and Happy Hour will be especially happy!